The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

Northeastern University London Essay Competition

I am one of the winners for the NU London Essay Competition but I'm not completely sure whether I should attend the award ceremony, particularly cuz I'm from another country. Is it worth going? Is anyone else going to go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you can make it, I don't see why you shouldn't attend for your hard work. Additionally, as they are allegedly having like mini workshops, I think it would be a great opportunity to expand your knowledge
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Original post by womblebubble
I am one of the winners for the NU London Essay Competition but I'm not completely sure whether I should attend the award ceremony, particularly cuz I'm from another country. Is it worth going? Is anyone else going to go?
I just got told I’m a finalist, do you know what that means?
Reply 3
Original post by Nidalshah10
My daughter got the same. Did they announce winners too?
Reply 4
I got told I was a finalist too? Was anyone told that they won?? Or are winners being announced on the day?
Me too I would like to know, does this mean they have already decided the actual winners or will they be chosen from the finalists?
No clue! I just got the same email and I’m not sure if it means that I’m still in for a chance of winning or if it means that the winners have been decided already and I nearly made it.
Reply 7
I looked at the rules and I think there is one group of finalists and then the next group up is highly commended and then the winners. How many in each group I have no idea!
Reply 8
Anyone want to join a group for all the finalists ? Makes it less awk on the day haha
Original post by slklylmlalk
No clue! I just got the same email and I’m not sure if it means that I’m still in for a chance of winning or if it means that the winners have been decided already and I nearly made it.
Hi, my email says I was in the top 12% what does yours say? I’m just thinking that if they ALL say 12% it could mean that perhaps they are yet to decide the winners from that group, but if they all say differently then it suggests they’ve already ranked us and the winners are chosen
Original post by 3CMUMUK
I looked at the rules and I think there is one group of finalists and then the next group up is highly commended and then the winners. How many in each group I have no idea!
Just checked their FAQs and it’s the other way around. It’s winners, then finalists, then highly commended
Original post by elizarose06
Hi, my email says I was in the top 12% what does yours say? I’m just thinking that if they ALL say 12% it could mean that perhaps they are yet to decide the winners from that group, but if they all say differently then it suggests they’ve already ranked us and the winners are chosen
Yeah mine says top 12% too!! I think I might email them and ask
Original post by humyra.s
Yeah mine says top 12% too!! I think I might email them and ask
Good idea, please could you let me know if they reply? Thanks !!
Yeah it’s all very confusing lol, if someone makes a group for the finalists id love to join! Not 100% sure if il make the event tho
Reply 14
hey guys! have the winners been announced or still being picked
Original post by 4mmyr
hey guys! have the winners been announced or still being picked

Not sure, that’s what we’re tryna work out tbh, as we all got finalist but we don’t know exactly what that means
Reply 16
Yeah it’s all very confusing lol, if someone makes a group for the finalists id love to join! Not 100% sure if il make the event tho
Same here! I'm trying to figure out whether to go or not because of how far it is, but I'd love to join a group!! Congrats everyone :smile:)
Hey, I got finalist too (top 12%) I may actually go since it's during my Easter break, so if there is a group of other finalists I'd love to join
Original post by pav_kvu
Anyone want to join a group for all the finalists ? Makes it less awk on the day haha

Yeah sure :smile:
Reply 19
If anyone wants to join, dm me and I'll add you to the whatsapp gc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending