The Student Room Group

Sfe maintenance loan

Hi I am in second year at university. I have Spanish nationality and have pre settled status at the moment. Last year I applied maintenance loan as a child of eea migrant worker on basis of my dad. He had pre settled status and spanish nationality. But this year he left us so I applied on the basis of my mom. She is working and has settled status now on uk. She has spanish residence card but does Not has the Spanish nationality. I was given the first installment by sf but I received the message that I cannot get the second installment as initially I applied on the basis of my mom and I have to return the first installment. Is there any way I can continue my funding. I am working part time atm. 12 hours a week. I started working in April. Thanks
Original post by farwak.
Hi I am in second year at university. I have Spanish nationality and have pre settled status at the moment. Last year I applied maintenance loan as a child of eea migrant worker on basis of my dad. He had pre settled status and spanish nationality. But this year he left us so I applied on the basis of my mom. She is working and has settled status now on uk. She has spanish residence card but does Not has the Spanish nationality. I was given the first installment by sf but I received the message that I cannot get the second installment as initially I applied on the basis of my mom and I have to return the first installment. Is there any way I can continue my funding. I am working part time atm. 12 hours a week. I started working in April. Thanks

Hi there,

Since you're working at the moment you can apply as a Migrant Worker yourself. If that's all fine the Migrant Worker can reinstate your Maintenance Loan.

To do this we'd suggest uploading a copy of your payslips along with your payslips from August 2023 to the present day. Just to let you know, the team are currently processing evidence in 21 working days.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Since you're working at the moment you can apply as a Migrant Worker yourself. If that's all fine the Migrant Worker can reinstate your Maintenance Loan.

To do this we'd suggest uploading a copy of your payslips along with your payslips from August 2023 to the present day. Just to let you know, the team are currently processing evidence in 21 working days.

Thanks, Graeme

Thanks for replying. I was just wondering why they paused my loan. First installment wa sgiven on same basis. I was asked to provide a letter showing separation which I did so loan was approved but now they paused. Also I am working just 12 hours a week. Is it enough to get maintenance loan.
Original post by farwak.
Thanks for replying. I was just wondering why they paused my loan. First installment wa sgiven on same basis. I was asked to provide a letter showing separation which I did so loan was approved but now they paused. Also I am working just 12 hours a week. Is it enough to get maintenance loan.

It can be, yes, though it's up to the Migrant Worker team to make the final decision.

The team can stop your loan if they decide you're no longer entitled to is. Did they send you an e-mail explaining their decision?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
It can be, yes, though it's up to the Migrant Worker team to make the final decision.

The team can stop your loan if they decide you're no longer entitled to is. Did they send you an e-mail explaining their decision?

Thanks, Graeme

Thanks. Can you please explain why I am no longer entitled to this when it was approved initially. Thanks
Original post by farwak.
Thanks. Can you please explain why I am no longer entitled to this when it was approved initially. Thanks

Hi farwak.

You would need to start a live chat on your account or call us, so that an adviser can look into that for you.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

0300 100 0607

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending