The Student Room Group

is this an insecurity?

whenever im alone i feel ppl stare at me
especially at school in saturday school at the beginning we have sign in and then sit at a specific place and wait, but for me i just sit alone and feel like ppl in my year keep looking at me
this is mainly the reason why at lunch, break times i hide away because i dont want ppl to make fun of me
Reply 1
Original post by hurtinguser
especially at school in saturday school at the beginning we have sign in and then sit at a specific place and wait, but for me i just sit alone and feel like ppl in my year keep looking at me
this is mainly the reason why at lunch, break times i hide away because i dont want ppl to make fun of me

It sounds like a difficult thing to be thinking. Is this something you just think/feel, or do you look around to see what other people are looking at? Often, if we feel self-conscious, we might think people are looking at us, but they're really not. It might be worth having a look. Also, if people do look at you, are they staring, or just looking around generally (which may include a glance at you)? When you look at other people, what do you think about them? For me, I tend to look at people if they're wearing a cool outfit, or they seem interesting in some way, so I wonder what other people think when they look at others. It's easy for our thoughts and feelings to cloud reality sometimes, so trying to untangle feelings from reality can be helpful to determine what is actually going on.
Original post by hurtinguser

Why do u feel ppl will make fun of you? They might just be looking at u coz they want to interact with you

Quick Reply

Latest