The Student Room Group

Sixth form entry requirements

Hi guys
I'm stuck in foundation tier with my GCSEs triple science and maths i really want to do Alevel chemistry, biology and Spanish but schools ask for grade 6 I really don't know what to do I'm not allowed to do the huer tier even though my parents got involved so are the entry requirement actually important and if I got a5 do you think they will accept me
Original post by Maloka_30
Hi guys
I'm stuck in foundation tier with my GCSEs triple science and maths i really want to do Alevel chemistry, biology and Spanish but schools ask for grade 6 I really don't know what to do I'm not allowed to do the huer tier even though my parents got involved so are the entry requirement actually important and if I got a5 do you think they will accept me

How strict or flexible they'll be about the need for that grade 6 will vary from sixth form to sixth form.

Your own school will have access to your actual mark (not just your grade) so if you get a really good mark in the exams (but the grade is capped at a 5 due to it being foundation tier) then that might count in your favour.

Quick Reply

Latest