The Student Room Group

Ubc admission requirements

Hi im a student currently doing A2 and i want to apply to ubc but my igcse weren't the best (mostly C's) i want to know if ubc excepts C's or they want an admission average of 70% for everything?

Scroll to see replies

Hmmm UBC is really competitive, however I would encourage you to apply anyway. just make sure your personal profile is perfect since they weigh grades and your personal profile almost equally. Your predicts are also important and it also depends on which campus and which faculty.
Hi, I go to UBC Vancouver and I did A-levels. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about UBC.

As for your question, I think your AS level grades would matter more than you GCSEs. So if your AS level grades are better, you might have a solid chance of getting in. Your A level predictions should be strong as well. And as the other reply says, your personal profile matters almost as much as your grades! Try to show them how well-rounded you are. Good luck :smile:
What did you get in your A levels?
Original post by Inkfigment
Hi, I go to UBC Vancouver and I did A-levels. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about UBC.

As for your question, I think your AS level grades would matter more than you GCSEs. So if your AS level grades are better, you might have a solid chance of getting in. Your A level predictions should be strong as well. And as the other reply says, your personal profile matters almost as much as your grades! Try to show them how well-rounded you are. Good luck :smile:

I have got a BBBB in physics, chem, bio and math which campus should i choose to have the best chance of getting in? And are my grades even good enough?
Are those your A-level grades? When you apply to UBC, you apply for your first choice and then your second choice in your application. Since your application also has a component which is about your personal statement sorta thing, I think you should keep Vancouver as your first choice. You never know unless you try! Having said that, even if you choose to apply to only Okanagan, it is possible to transfer to Vancouver.
Are those your A-level grades? When you apply to UBC, you apply for your first choice and then your second choice in your application. Since your application also has a component which is about your personal statement sorta thing, I think you should keep Vancouver as your first choice. You never know unless you try! Having said that, even if you choose to apply to only Okanagan, it is possible to transfer to Vancouver.

Why Vancouver?..yes those are my A levels. It doesn't matter to me which campus . I just really want to get into this University. And I asked if I should apply because applications are expensive and people tell me you need A's for an offer.
Original post by realchinmaygopal
Why Vancouver?..yes those are my A levels. It doesn't matter to me which campus . I just really want to get into this University. And I asked if I should apply because applications are expensive and people tell me you need A's for an offer.

It's easier to get into Okanagan, so that's the way you might want to try?
Reply 8
Hi! I'm doing my A levels right now and in the first yrae i got BCC, in accounts, economics and business, my expected grades are 2As 1B and i'm hoping to get into the bachelors in commerce program or bachelors in management. I had an A in O level maths. Do i have a chance to get in? I hope they don't require A level math as well.
Original post by Ar222222
Hi! I'm doing my A levels right now and in the first yrae i got BCC, in accounts, economics and business, my expected grades are 2As 1B and i'm hoping to get into the bachelors in commerce program or bachelors in management. I had an A in O level maths. Do i have a chance to get in? I hope they don't require A level math as well.

You should really start reading requirements from universities instead of just assuming those are the subjects they'd want to see on your transcript. Pretty sure math was the only required subject for the commerce stream: http://you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/international-highschools-requirements/#united-kingdom

A predicted grade of AAB is not bad and you have a decent chance solely based on that but the BCC isn't really helping convey that you'd achieve that grade. It's really hard to pull up a C to an A - impossible even, unless you're close to the B threshold and universities know that. If you're retaking something, convey that to them.
Reply 10
Hi, My GCSE grades are as followsA* in Biology (2nd in school)A* in PHysics (highest in school)A* in Chemistry (highest in school)A* IN Economics (2nd in school)A* in English Literature LEvel 9 in Maths (highest in school)A in GCSE Business (full UMS unit 3 (written paper) (one mark off an A*)A in IGCSE ARABIc first LANguage ( one mark off an A*)WHat are my chances of getting in? predicted 3 A*s at A level
Reply 11

Hi, My GCSE grades are as followsA* in Biology (2nd in school)A* in PHysics (highest in school)A* in Chemistry (highest in school)A* IN Economics (2nd in school)A* in English Literature LEvel 9 in Maths (highest in school)A in GCSE Business (full UMS unit 3 (written paper) (one mark off an A*)A in IGCSE ARABIc first LANguage ( one mark off an A*)WHat are my chances of getting in? predicted 3 A*s at A level
Reply 12
Hey I heard you go to UBC and I wanna apply there. I got ABB, A level grades. Do you think this is good enough to get into UBC?
Original post by Shimuli
Hey I heard you go to UBC and I wanna apply there. I got ABB, A level grades. Do you think this is good enough to get into UBC?

That highly depends on which programme(s) you are applying for. You should be competitive enough for arts and sciences, but I would say your grades may not be enough for engineering and other professional programmes. If you have extracurricular activities to offset your grades, then I'd say you have a better chance.
Reply 14
Hey, (Ik this is was long time ago) but can you please tell me what you took and what you got in your A levels? And did you get a scholarship? Thanks

Original post by Furq192
Hey, (Ik this is was long time ago) but can you please tell me what you took and what you got in your A levels? And did you get a scholarship? Thanks

Reply 16

Hey, can you please tell me what A levels you took? And what did you get? And what field did you go into? And did you get a scholarship or not?

Ik those are a lot of questions but bare with me

Thanks in advance
You should really start reading requirements from universities instead of just assuming those are the subjects they'd want to see on your transcript. Pretty sure math was the only required subject for the commerce stream: http://you.ubc.ca/applying-ubc/international-highschools-requirements/#united-kingdom

A predicted grade of AAB is not bad and you have a decent chance solely based on that but the BCC isn't really helping convey that you'd achieve that grade. It's really hard to pull up a C to an A - impossible even, unless you're close to the B threshold and universities know that. If you're retaking something, convey that to them.

Thats helpful because i also wanna get into commerce. I did accounts, maths, business and going into a2 next week. I think my personal profile may be solid but my grades are kinda phooooked. I got B D D. If i convinced my teachers to give me AAB for predicted, will I have a chance of getting in?
one of the D was business and I know i missed up with silly ass mistakes and also I know I can get that to an A.
Original post by helpmelolz
Thats helpful because i also wanna get into commerce. I did accounts, maths, business and going into a2 next week. I think my personal profile may be solid but my grades are kinda phooooked. I got B D D. If i convinced my teachers to give me AAB for predicted, will I have a chance of getting in?
one of the D was business and I know i missed up with silly ass mistakes and also I know I can get that to an A.

Are you going to retake Business to get an A?
Are you going to retake Business to get an A?

errrrrrrrrrrrr...........to be honest this year was my retake year lol. I did economics chemistry maths and product design the year before and I got 4 Us. But this time I took maths accounting business and I prefer these subjects but unfortunately kinda phooooked it....again but not as bad. I have big phoking aspirations and I don't wanna let these new results let me down. I am not gonna take business but i know.....i know for a fact I can improve cos I have my own business right now and obviously the skills are transferable. But I got that B in accounts this year and can get it to an A.

So if my predicted was AAB and my personal profile includes my own professional business/gold dofe/NCS and like leadership in my sports do you think I have a chance for the undergraduate degree in commerce at UBC Sauder.

I know its bloody competitive as hell but i've failed too many times to be let down by these grades. To be on a level with you I can feel it that I can change my grades....no lie. My head is in the books and my eyes are ruined.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending