The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Shared bathrooms student accommodation Southampton

Hi, I was wondering how the shared bathroom system works in Southampton student halls.

For example:

What is the student-to-bathroom ratio per flat?
How far do you have to walk to get to the bathroom?
Reply 1
You should talk to your school counsellor about these concerns. They will give you helpful advice to prepare you psychologically for dormitory life.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Kingemperor07
Hi, I was wondering how the shared bathroom system works in Southampton student halls.

For example:

The ratio depends on which accommodation you get - in standard Wessex Lane for example it is two toilets and one shower between 7 people whereas in other places its one shower and one/two toilets for 4 people. The bathrooms will be in your flat and you may even be in the room next door.

I hope this helps!
@CheeseIsVeg might have some idea?
Original post by Kingemperor07

For example:

Hello,

4th year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
So from what previous students have said a bathroom is shared between 3-4 people on average.
Halls in Southampton are organized in flats and you usually share that flat with 6-10 other people, and you have a shared kitchen in the flat. The bathrooms are inside the flat so really barely a couple of steps from your room to one of the bathrooms.

Hope this answers your questions.
Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending