The Student Room Group

Business with Law vs Marketing and Management

Hey everyone, I'm really confused between these two courses in regards to which one I should firm. Does anyone know which one would be better career wise and also if anyone is doing either of these i hope to hear from you thanks x
Original post by sarahiqbalx
Hey everyone, I'm really confused between these two courses in regards to which one I should firm. Does anyone know which one would be better career wise and also if anyone is doing either of these i hope to hear from you thanks x

I am baised against business/management degrees, so I would say neither.

Why would you think your career solely comes down to the degree you do outside of academia, education, or healthcare?
What makes you think you can't go into law or business if you did a completely random degree like philosophy or marine engineering?
What makes you think you won't need to do any professional certifications after you have done your degree? (Your question implies that you haven't done any research in this area.)
What makes you think if you do one degree, you can't then move into a career in the other field?
What makes you think employers would hire you simply because of your degree?

I would also like to know if the business with law degree is an LLB. If it's not, then it won't matter to me.

On the other hand if you are asking which of the 2 degrees is the most interesting, I would go with marketing because I hate studying law with a passion. Having said that, a joint law degree would probably have more useful information than a marketing degree i.e. legal knowledge is more useful to you if you want to set up a business and you can always learn marketing outside of uni, but if you learn about marketing you will struggle to learn about law unless you go and do things the long way round.
If you haven't studied A Level Business Studies, then a lot of this would be new to you. If you have, then the law degree would be of more benefit.

I haven't done either degrees (although I have done a degree in management), so take my opinions with a pinch of salt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending