The Student Room Group

Economics University

Hey guys

Question. What is the difference between Economics and Econ and Management. Which is better for employability and more interesting. I’m just considering what route I want to take in the future. Also, what are the uses of PPE? I do English lit, Econ, Marhs, Further Marhs a levels currently and am trying to figure out a course to target/aim for
Hi Lili,

Economics vs. Economics and Management:

Economics: A pure Economics degree focuses solely on economic theories, policies, and analysis. It offers in-depth understanding of economic systems, market structures, and global economic issues.

Economics and Management: This program combines economics with management and business-related modules. It provides a broader perspective, incorporating aspects of business strategy, organizational behaviour, and management practices alongside economics.

Employability and Interest:

Employability: Both degrees offer strong employability prospects. Economics graduates often find opportunities in finance, consulting, government, and international organizations. Economics and Management graduates often pursue careers in management, business analysis, or entrepreneurship.

Interest: Your choice depends on personal interest. If you prefer a deep focus on economics, a pure Economics degree might be more suitable. If you want a broader understanding that includes management concepts, Economics and Management could be the right choice.

Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE):
PPE combines insights from philosophy, politics, and economics to analyze and address complex societal issues. It equips you with critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills. PPE graduates often enter politics, law, policy analysis, journalism, or international relations.

Considering your A-levels, you have a strong foundation for both Economics and PPE. It's essential to consider your specific interests and career goals. Research specific courses, course modules, and potential career paths to make an informed decision. Additionally, speaking to academic advisors or professionals in these fields can provide valuable insights.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU student rep

Original post by lili__1
Hey guys

Question. What is the difference between Economics and Econ and Management. Which is better for employability and more interesting. I’m just considering what route I want to take in the future. Also, what are the uses of PPE? I do English lit, Econ, Marhs, Further Marhs a levels currently and am trying to figure out a course to target/aim for
Reply 2
Original post by LSBU Student Rep
Hi Lili,

Economics vs. Economics and Management:

Economics: A pure Economics degree focuses solely on economic theories, policies, and analysis. It offers in-depth understanding of economic systems, market structures, and global economic issues.

Economics and Management: This program combines economics with management and business-related modules. It provides a broader perspective, incorporating aspects of business strategy, organizational behaviour, and management practices alongside economics.

Employability and Interest:

Employability: Both degrees offer strong employability prospects. Economics graduates often find opportunities in finance, consulting, government, and international organizations. Economics and Management graduates often pursue careers in management, business analysis, or entrepreneurship.

Interest: Your choice depends on personal interest. If you prefer a deep focus on economics, a pure Economics degree might be more suitable. If you want a broader understanding that includes management concepts, Economics and Management could be the right choice.

Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE):
PPE combines insights from philosophy, politics, and economics to analyze and address complex societal issues. It equips you with critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills. PPE graduates often enter politics, law, policy analysis, journalism, or international relations.

Considering your A-levels, you have a strong foundation for both Economics and PPE. It's essential to consider your specific interests and career goals. Research specific courses, course modules, and potential career paths to make an informed decision. Additionally, speaking to academic advisors or professionals in these fields can provide valuable insights.

Good Luck!
Fatima
LSBU student rep

Thank you so much!! You’ve clarified a lot of the differences between the courses and I understand the different job prospects a lot better. This is definitely helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending