The Student Room Group

Mark my exam

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12DJA9S2gnT-F4cQD0i7M7I6v18AkG8utEqosRxBd2KE/edit?usp=sharing
Can somebody please mark my English literature exam about A Christmas Carol. Its out of 30 marks I just want to understand what level I'm at.
Original post by kai_ngalam
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12DJA9S2gnT-F4cQD0i7M7I6v18AkG8utEqosRxBd2KE/edit?usp=sharing
Can somebody please mark my English literature exam about A Christmas Carol. Its out of 30 marks I just want to understand what level I'm at.

Personally, I would give it a 24/30. You could delve deeper on areas as you tend to analyse but then move forward as opposed to going further but perhaps I am being overly critical. Also you do have quite a few grammatical errors but I guess since it is lit you don't get marked down-like with pluralising certain words. Other than that, I believe it is good but could do with a conclusion as it is a bit all over the place.
Reply 2
Original post by riotdontdenyit
Personally, I would give it a 24/30. You could delve deeper on areas as you tend to analyse but then move forward as opposed to going further but perhaps I am being overly critical. Also you do have quite a few grammatical errors but I guess since it is lit you don't get marked down-like with pluralising certain words. Other than that, I believe it is good but could do with a conclusion as it is a bit all over the place.

hey, thanks for marking my practise exam but when you say I could've delved deeper what do you mean? further analysis or more contextual information, im only asking so i am able to further improve my work, also what do i mention in the conclusion? is it my overall argument
Original post by kai_ngalam
hey, thanks for marking my practise exam but when you say I could've delved deeper what do you mean? further analysis or more contextual information, im only asking so i am able to further improve my work, also what do i mention in the conclusion? is it my overall argument

More analysis, you are giving too much context and I believe your quotes are a bit too long, you need to analyse language/literary techniques more as opposed to discussing context. Also yes the conclusion should sum up but not summarise; like make sure you aren't just reiterating things you earlier mentioned. I do CIE so it may be diff but the examiners reports entail what strong responses conclusions should look like. (i think idk if applicable for ur board)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending