The Student Room Group

Business and management courses at Loughborough

What is the difference between the following courses? They appear mostly similar -
bsc international business,
bsc marketing and management
bsc management.
2. Can I change from one to the other after the first semester?
3. Do any of these have a 3 year option too?
4. Are any of these more competitive/ popular than the others? If so, how?
5. Is any of them heavier on math?
Original post by armaannanda
What is the difference between the following courses? They appear mostly similar -
bsc management.

Hi @armaannanda,

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying at Loughborough.

If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a look at the course details and, in particular, the modules. You'll find these under the 'What you'll study' section on all the course pages. You can find the courses here.

For any other questions, please email [email protected] and they will be able to help you. As well as this, it may be worth taking a look at some case studies from students who have studied a course in business and economics at Loughborough for more information about the courses.

If you have any other questions about life at Loughborough, please don't hesitate to ask :smile:

I hope this helps!

- Lindsay
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by armaannanda
bsc management.

Hi @armaannanda

I know my colleague has already responded to you but I thought I might be able to help as I'm currently in my first year at Loughborough studying Marketing and Management.

For the first semester I did the same modules as those on International Business and Management courses - it only really changes from the second semester with different courses having different compulsory and optional modules. I believe you can change courses during the first semester but you are encouraged to do this as early as possible. In terms of maths, in the first year you do a maths module but are split into those who did Maths A Level and those who didn't so you can get the relevant support during lectures. There is also the Maths Learning Support Centre which supports students during their studies.

If you have any other questions feel free to get in touch :smile:

Jess
Reply 3
Thanks a lot Jess. This was really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending