The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Can I change the course I've applied for @ loughborough

So I applied for Management BSc at Loughborough (Sept 2021). But I'm thinking now I would much rather study Industrial Design.

Problem is that I've already applied, filled up my UCAS options and got an offer.

I know it won't look the best and I don't want to jeopardise my place at the uni, but I also don't want to study a degree I'll regret.

Disclaimer: it's not something I'm 100% set on, I'm still trying to explore my options. If I'm not able to transfer, I think I'll just stick with Management.

So, what advice do you have for me?
Original post by Anonymous
So I applied for Management BSc at Loughborough (Sept 2021). But I'm thinking now I would much rather study Industrial Design.

Problem is that I've already applied, filled up my UCAS options and got an offer.

I know it won't look the best and I don't want to jeopardise my place at the uni, but I also don't want to study a degree I'll regret.

Disclaimer: it's not something I'm 100% set on, I'm still trying to explore my options. If I'm not able to transfer, I think I'll just stick with Management.

I may not be correct but if you are wanting to change to a completely different course would you not have to re-write ur personal statement? (meaning re-submit your UCAS form), since I assume your personal statement would be based around management..?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
I may not be correct but if you are wanting to change to a completely different course would you not have to re-write ur personal statement? (meaning re-submit your UCAS form), since I assume your personal statement would be based around management..?

It is and I would. I just don't know where to start or who to talk to. It seems you can only apply once every cycle. I definitely want to go to Loughborough, so I think I have to talk to the university. Just don't know who.
Reply 3
It is and I would. I just don't know where to start or who to talk to. It seems you can only apply once every cycle. I definitely want to go to Loughborough, so I think I have to talk to the university. Just don't know who.

I would start by emailing whoever is in charge of admissions for Industrial Design explaining your situation. Tell them you already have an offer from another department, but would be interested in changing to their course. Ask them if this is possible, and if so could you submit an additional personal statement directly to them to be considered for the Industrial Design course. If they say no, there's your answer. If they say yes, they'll likely tell you your next steps (and probably also whether you need to contact the Management department now or once the Industrial Design people have considered your application).

Hi

You can get in touch with Cindy Wilson [email protected] or Debbie Slack [email protected] - they are programme administrators for Design programmes and they will be able to advise the best course of action should you decide to change course.
You already have an offer (congratulations!) to study at Loughborough. if you're having second thoughts on the course, now is a good time to act. the last thing you want to do is study a degree you're not really interested in. It's a big time and money investment, so there is absolutely no harm in exploring your options.
It is of course much easier to change course within the same department. As the courses you're considering are in different departments, it's better to find out options now rather than down the line when the courses are full.

Hope that helps and good luck :smile:
Vicky
Reply 5
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi

You can get in touch with Cindy Wilson [email protected] or Debbie Slack [email protected] - they are programme administrators for Design programmes and they will be able to advise the best course of action should you decide to change course.
You already have an offer (congratulations!) to study at Loughborough. if you're having second thoughts on the course, now is a good time to act. the last thing you want to do is study a degree you're not really interested in. It's a big time and money investment, so there is absolutely no harm in exploring your options.
It is of course much easier to change course within the same department. As the courses you're considering are in different departments, it's better to find out options now rather than down the line when the courses are full.

Hope that helps and good luck :smile:
Vicky

Hi if i wanted to switch from commerical management to international business who would i speak to, and does loughbrough allow you to change your course before you start and would i need to pay for an additonal when switch to a different course with placement year. Also when can we see the courses are in for clearing
Original post by ohxghg7
Hi if i wanted to switch from commerical management to international business who would i speak to, and does loughbrough allow you to change your course before you start and would i need to pay for an additonal when switch to a different course with placement year. Also when can we see the courses are in for clearing

Hi there,

I would recommend speaking to our Admissions Office about this. You can email them on [email protected]. I hope this helps!

Lindsay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending