The Student Room Group

Im very bad at dealing with stress

I've realized that I cannot deal with stress effectively. I work in a busy place and at work I struggle to deal with the busyness and stress. Everyone can tell when I'm stressed because I can't hide it. They're always telling me to calm down because I just start doing things fast, speaking fast, and then I become panicky and end up dropping things or making mistakes. I try my best but as I'm still new to certain things it increases my stress. Even at school, I have a deadline tomorrow and even though I've done the best I can, I'm having anxiety finishing it off. I literally procrastinated for 1 week before I could do anything because I am scared of failing. I was/have been crying constantly because I was too scared to even start the work and my parents became worried but I didn't tell them the reason why. Its also effecting me because I don't feel myself anymore and my self esteem is dropping. I really don't know what to do because I've tried all I can to manage stress but I can't find anything that will help.
Hey dude, I hope you’re okay. Maybe try putting this on a childline forum (depending on how old you are). There will be alot of people going through similar situations who might be able to give advice. Try telling someone you trust if you haven’t already; they might be able to help support you through this :smile: )
Reply 2
I recommend seeing your GP

You can get support and there is a lot of support out there such as:

-The Samaritans, you can call 116 123, which is available 24 hours a day

-Mind, 0300 123 3393

-Saneline, 0300 304 7000, from 4.30pm-10.30pm

-The mix, 0800 808 4994, 11am-11pm

-SHOUT, text 852258, 24 hour text service

-Crises, 741741, text service

-Papyrus, 0800 068 4141, if you have thoughts of suicide or in emotional distress

-Rethink mental health, 0300 5000 927

-No Panic, 0800 138 8889

-relate, they have a chat advisor

There is the mind forum

Also Facebook groups

You can join support groups

You can contact a crises team if things get very bad

Plenty of resources online, information regarding well being

Loads of options such as HNC, hnd, apprenticeship, open university etc
(edited 12 months ago)
defo recommend seeing your GP, sertaline saved me! Maybe also see if you can ask for an autism assessment? being so overstimulated may be a flag for that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest