The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Spanish (9SP0 01) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Edexcel A-level Spanish Paper 1 (9SP0 01) - 7th June 2023 [Exam Chat]
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Wednesday 7th June 2023/ AM
Length: 2h

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Who's ready??
Reply 2
feeling okay actually,, any predictions for the translation?
(Original post by M1_Z)Who's ready??
Reply 3
How do you revise for this beyond doing past papers?
Reply 4
honestly vocab lists tbh
Reply 5
yeah just do quizlets (Original post by v_m)How do you revise for this beyond doing past papers?

Original post by student-656
honestly vocab lists tbh
How did everyone find that paper 1 for edexcel?
Reply 7
ok ! the ecuadorian thing confused me though
Reply 8
y was it so hard omg
Reply 9
i feel you, listening was the hardest thing ever. reading and translation were clmmmmmmm
I struggled 4 time and I never struggle for time like wat
literally the hardest exam I've ever done. I'l be happy to get 30/80, hopefully the grade boundaries are low. The last reading question and translation about Tarzan was disgusting.
Reply 12
Original post by Dealer MF T
literally the hardest exam I've ever done. I'l be happy to get 30/80, hopefully the grade boundaries are low. The last reading question and translation about Tarzan was disgusting.

I though translation was alright, i got dubbing right, i got scripts right but I said hombre-mono was half man half monkey smh, also at the very beginning I said 'dubbing was the most powerful resource of franquoist censorship' do you think that's right??
Reply 13
how was paper 3 btw, i got public reaction to immigration, I thought it was good and my irp went well, I'm scared for paper 2 tho
Reply 14
Original post by M1_Z
I though translation was alright, i got dubbing right, i got scripts right but I said hombre-mono was half man half monkey smh, also at the very beginning I said 'dubbing was the most powerful resource of franquoist censorship' do you think that's right??

The phrase was 'la arma más poderosa' meaning the most powerful weapon, I don't think resource would fit.
Reply 15
Original post by M1_Z

I think 'arma' is specifically a 'weapon' I wouldn't say resource.
Reply 16
Original post by LH2023
I think 'arma' is specifically a 'weapon' I wouldn't say resource.

Yh i know arma is weapon but in the context of the sentence I didn't feel like weapon was the right word cos you arent talking about war or a fight, but it gets the message across about how useful censorship was, either way I think its fine
Reply 17
what did people say for the bit which said eclesiástico? i put religious?
Reply 18
Original post by hskid
what did people say for the bit which said eclesiástico? i put religious?

For that i put the clergical delegates of the censorship department ....
Reply 19
I have to say that was the hardest paper 1 I've ever done. The reading was horrible, there was no reason for the translation to be theme 4 after both translations were theme 4 last year, the listening was the only part that seemed normal. I also struggled for time and had to leave out two "2 mark" points on the reading. I'm fluent in spanish as well so can't imagine for people who aren't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending