The Student Room Group

Instagram Send an Invitation to Chat Obligation

My original Instagram got hacked and I later created a new one but after a month I managed to recover my original Instagram. While it was hacked the hacker posted Scam stories and sent a lot of scam messages to people. While it was hacked, alot of people had reported the account for pretending to be me and for Fraud and Scam.

Now I have noticed that since I got my original account back, whenever I try to message somebody who I follow but does not follow me it says that I have to invite the person to chat and gives me the option to Write a message and then Send Invitation (Please see image attached for an explanation of what I am trying to say).But on my new account, whenever I try to message somebody who I follow but does not follow me it does not say that I have to invite the person to chat and I do not have to send Invitation and can just send a message as normal to someone who I follow but does not follow me. Could this be that because while my account was hacked, it was reported for impersonating me and for Fraud and Scam, this is the reason why I have to invite anybody who I follow but does not follow me to chat and cannot just send a message as normal without sending any invitation?I just find this very wierd, annoying and inconvenient and want to be able to message people who I follow but do not follow me without this. I would like to remove if the need to have to do this but do not know how to do it and do not know if it is even possible for me to remove this. Does anybody know if it is possible for me to remove this need?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Original post by midnight999
Anyone?

Same issue! It’s annoying
Reply 3
Fortunately, I don’t appear to see that issue anymore.

How exactly did you recover your account after being hacked?

I did 7 video selfie verifications as my first 6 got rejected. My 7th video selfie enabled me to recover my account.

How many days after being hacked were you able to recover your account (or how many hours if you recovered you account on the same day)?

Original post by carriedeenc
Same issue! It’s annoying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending