The Student Room Group

What’s too bad for handwriting?

I have my exams fairly soon and I’ve been really worried that because of my handwriting an examiner won’t mark my work and I’ll just fail, does anyone know how it works if your writing is kinda illegible????
Honestly I haven’t done any proper proper gcses yet but from nea experience I don’t think they care that much as long as you can at least make out what word it is. If it’s an English paper some people with bad handwriting I think are allowed to type, sorry if this isn’t helpful
Take the time to write clearly for such an important thing. You're the one that would suffer, not the marker.
Reply 3
Original post by StriderHort
Take the time to write clearly for such an important thing. You're the one that would suffer, not the marker.

The only issue is I write a lot, and it’s too late to learn to summarise my answers. So slowing down may be worse, as I probably won’t finish in time.
Reply 4
Original post by ssimraahmed12
Honestly I haven’t done any proper proper gcses yet but from nea experience I don’t think they care that much as long as you can at least make out what word it is. If it’s an English paper some people with bad handwriting I think are allowed to type, sorry if this isn’t helpful

IIve been told my handwriting isn’t bad enough to write on a computer /: thank you though
Original post by kyunniez
IIve been told my handwriting isn’t bad enough to write on a computer /: thank you though

I’m sure your handwriting is readable enough, my handwriting gets rlly bad in English exams so I’m just trying to slow down enough to make it readable haha
Reply 6
The exam board (and teachers in general) have quite a lot of experience with deciphering lots of various handwriting so as long as you can generally make out words from it the examiners should be able to get it. I'm sure they've seen plenty of messy handwriting or difficult cursive that have still been legible and given appropriate grades. I don't think you have very much to worry about if it's not hieroglyphics.
Best of luck in your exams! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest