The Student Room Group

Should I change my handwriting for A levels?

My teachers have said my handwriting is very difficult to decipher and there are regularly 3-4 words in an essay they can't make out. I think the problem might be my 'r' which I write in cursive not normally.
Would it be advisable to try to change this for my A levels in a month, or would it be too distracting/difficult?
Original post by mandyelicup
My teachers have said my handwriting is very difficult to decipher and there are regularly 3-4 words in an essay they can't make out. I think the problem might be my 'r' which I write in cursive not normally.
Would it be advisable to try to change this for my A levels in a month, or would it be too distracting/difficult?

Only you know whether it will be too distracting/difficult. From now on, when you are writing, try making your ‘r’ more legible. If you find you are taking significantly longer by doing this, don’t do it in the exam. Though I’m not sure how you will take longer since it is only one letter that seems to be causing issues and hopefully doesn’t come up that often.

Quick Reply

Latest