The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

super confused ! SOAS or city for masters ??

I’ve got into Energy related programs in both .
MSc Energy, environmental technology and Economics at City uni of london
Vs
MSc Global energy and climate change policy at SOAS
Which should I accept considering academics , overall student life and experience, location , sports facilities AND most impr graduate career prospects both in london , abroad like Saudi Arabia, and back in Pakistan ( my home )
Well do you want to research/work in energy policy or energy economics? I suspect the two areas are somewhat different fundamentally.
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
I want to work in the energy field after . Whether it’s policy or energy economics.
Either ways I want good prospects plus a gold university experience
So I’m really confused

Original post by artful_lounger
Well do you want to research/work in energy policy or energy economics? I suspect the two areas are somewhat different fundamentally.
Original post by Sidradagha
I want to work in the energy field after . Whether it’s policy or energy economics.
Either ways I want good prospects plus a gold university experience
So I’m really confused

You've missed the point of my question which is to think about what your specific preference in that area is, thus informing your decision.

Prospects are based on you not your university - you could go to Cambridge but if you only show up to lectures and take exams you are functionally unemployable.

Masters degrees are not the time for a "university experience". They're intensive one year courses, you don't have the time either in terms of the length of the course or in terms of your day to day requirements to bother with such things. The time for that was undergraduate.
Reply 4
I’d say energy policy then .
I want to work in policies related to environment and energy , and how current decisions to boost economy affect the former .
I want to work in policies related to environment and energy , and how current decisions to boost economy affect the former .

Well then the obvious choice seems to be the energy policy course...
Reply 6

SOAS is located near Oxford Street and UCL and Birbeck are nearby as well. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending