The Student Room Group

Question about the duration of the gcse exam on paper A?

hello,

Does this indicate that the total test duration on paper 1 will be 1.45 hours (for Christianity) + 1.45 hours (for other religions such as Islam, Judaism, etc...)? Is there going to be a break between these exams?

thx
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
hi! you have 1h 45 mins to complete both papers, the reason it will probably say 0hrs on a gcse timetable for both is because you get to choose how you allocate your time between both papers in that 1hr 45 mins. hope this helps and good luck for your exams! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by uglyplushy
hi! you have 1h 45 mins to complete both papers, the reason it will probably say 0hrs on a gcse timetable for both is because you get to choose how you allocate your time between both papers in that 1hr 45 mins. hope this helps and good luck for your exams! :smile:

thank you ; it seems like there are a lot of questions to answer in the 1.45-hour exam. There are ten questions for each religion, for a total of twenty questions.
Reply 3
Original post by yoshinoya
thank you ; it seems like there are a lot of questions to answer in the 1.45-hour exam. There are ten questions for each religion, for a total of twenty questions.

i'm not sure what examboard you do but i don't think i've heard of a gcse paper ever being longer than 2 hours 5 minutes, but it's always better to ask a teacher/ check your examboard website. i did my gcses last year (i did AQA for religious studies) and the questions were very repetitive and most of them i found in past papers before my exam. what i suggest for revision is making flashcards off markschemes and just memorising as much as you can, as in my opinion getting your content/quotes correct is VERY VERY important. i literally did this a few days before my exam and i somehow managed to go from a 7 to a 9! i'm sure you will do well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending