The Student Room Group

Plovdiv Medical Uni

Just wondering say I got full marks in chemistry like a score of 6 in the entrance exam and I did badly in chemistry in secondary school but good in my GCSES will my admission be stopped? As the entry exam is worth more this year they're multiplying it by 3
(edited 10 months ago)
Hey there, thanks for posting a question in the Medicine forum. :biggrin:

The Medicine forum gets a high volume of questions being posted, and some of these are already answered by the resources and Megathreads that members of the community and volunteers have created. This is an automatic post which is designed to highlight these resources. Below is a list of threads and articles that could answer your question (you should be looking in the original post of the megathreads). If one of the below threads is a more relevant place to ask your question, please post a reply in that thread to ask your question. If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked below, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.

Megathreads
(Please read the first post, before then posting any further questions you have within that thread.)
The "Which Medical School Should I Apply To?" Uberthread
The Ultimate 'Am I Good Enough For Medicine?' Angst Thread
Medicine A-Level subjects queries
Work Experience and Voluntary Work

2023 Applicants:
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2023 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2023 Entry
Medicine 2023 entry for resit / retake / gap year applicants
A100 Medicine for International Students 2023 Entry
Medicine Interview discussion 2023 Entry
2023 entry A100 / A101 Medicine fastest and slowest offer senders
Index of Individual Medical School Applicants' threads 2023 Entry

2024 Applicants :
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2024 Entry
Graduate Entry Medicine 2024 Entry
GAMSAT 2024 / 2025 entry discussions megathread
UCAT 2024 Entry Discussions Megathread

Other application years:
Graduate Entry Medicine 2025 Entry
Official Undergraduate Medicine 2025 Entry

Useful Articles:
GCSE Requirements for Medicine
Everything you need to know about the BMAT
Work Experience as a Graduate or Mature student
Medicine Personal Statement Advice
Medicine Personal Statement Advice (Graduate Entry)
Interview Frequently Asked Questions
MMI Medicine Interview Tips
What to do after an unsuccessful first application

If your query is answered by one of the Megathreads or articles linked above, and you would like us to close this thread for you, please reply to this thread with just the words "thank you". A member of our team will then get it locked.
Reply 2
Original post by Lydia mollyk
Just wondering say I got full marks in chemistry like a score of 6 in the entrance exam and I did badly in chemistry in secondary school but good in my GCSES will my admission be stopped? As the entry exam is worth more this year they're multiplying it by 3

Your A Level grades account for only 15% of your total scores.

They turn your A level grade in Biology and Chemistry into the 6 grading system and find an average. The score that you get in Biology and Chem for the entrance exam, they add it together then times by 3. Then they add that to your average A level score. The maximum score you can get is a 42.

People are saying that you need an 86% to secure a place.

I hope this information helps
Reply 3
Original post by Lydia mollyk

You need a minimum of C to apply, I think. They only consider you A level chem and bio not IGCSE. Although, I saw someone with a D and a C who did his exams already. He did well. I think he got a 38 point something. So I think you can still apply
Hi, do the long answer questions still exist on the exam for 2023 because I see them in all the past papers?

Thank you.

Original post by Maxine03
Your A Level grades account for only 15% of your total scores.

They turn your A level grade in Biology and Chemistry into the 6 grading system and find an average. The score that you get in Biology and Chem for the entrance exam, they add it together then times by 3. Then they add that to your average A level score. The maximum score you can get is a 42.

People are saying that you need an 86% to secure a place.

I hope this information helps
Reply 5
Original post by gaaoiamedic
Hi, do the long answer questions still exist on the exam for 2023 because I see them in all the past papers?

Thank you.

Hello. No, they don't. It's just MCQ, true and false, finding false words and correcting them, matching up definitions with their correct meanings, and labeling the structure.
Hello. No, they don't. It's just MCQ, true and false, finding false words and correcting them, matching up definitions with their correct meanings, and labeling the structure.

Hiya, thank you very much. Good luck!
Reply 7
Original post by gaaoiamedic
Hiya, thank you very much. Good luck!

Thank you!!
Reply 8
Moderation reminder:

For your own safety and that of others, please do not post or request links to off site chat groups.

Please keep all posts within our Community Guidelines

If you have any questions please come along to the Ask the Community staff forum and we would be happy to help 😊

Thanks,
Wilykit
Reply 9

how do you recommend studying for them? the content is different to A levels so my regular textbooks don't cover the content fully

Is it true that the essay questions are still asked but in a multiple choice format? So you do need to describe the structure of a lysosome but in a more of a mcq style kind of way?
Hi, ive got a question, How do i access my results and ranking on plovdiv medical university

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending