The Student Room Group

What to wear to university (men)

What do people actually wear to uni??
Pretty much anything you can imagine.
admit-one really isn't kidding by the way - I've seen people show up in pyjamas, onesies, all sorts...

Preferably wear something suitable for public viewing and that is comfortable for you. Nobody expects you to be wearing anything formal though, jeans and a t-shirt or similar is pretty much the default. You can wear pyjamas or a onesie or something, although it will probably raise a few eyebrows. Likewise you can go in wearing a suit, but likewise would probably raise a few eyebrows (and roll a few eyes for people thinking you're trying a bit too hard!).
Original post by Admit-One
Pretty much anything you can imagine.

PRSOM! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Don't turn up naked or wearing indecent/inappropriate/overly-revealing clothes.
If you're in a lab don't wear shorts or sandals or silly-dangly-getting-in-the-way outfits.

What do you normally wear?
Reply 5
Original post by bl0bf1sh
Don't turn up naked or wearing indecent/inappropriate/overly-revealing clothes.
If you're in a lab don't wear shorts or sandals or silly-dangly-getting-in-the-way outfits.

What do you normally wear?

Almost always shorts and t shirt, I’ve never really liked trousers/jeans but might just need to find something!
Original post by cammy5

Hi there @cammy5, :smile:

Unless your course requires you to wear anything specific then you can wear anything you are comfortable in really.

Best wishes, :smile:
Sarah
Reply 7
I've taught in shorts, nobody is too bothered provided there's no practical reason tour course would specify or proscribe certain clothing.
Reply 8
Sometimes I wear only my underwear to lectures.
Reply 9
Original post by cammy5

Clothes I'd assume.
Original post by cammy5

Hey there!

When it comes to fashion at university, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, mate. People wear all sorts of outfits depending on their personal style, the weather, and the occasion. You'll see everything from casual jeans and T-shirts to dresses. The key is to feel comfortable and express yourself! Some days you might spot students in comfy sweats, while others may go for a more polished look. Remember, it's all about finding your own style and feeling confident.

So, wear what makes you happy.

- Ilya :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by cammy5
Almost always shorts and t shirt, I’ve never really liked trousers/jeans but might just need to find something!

One of my fellow students used to turn up in his tribal outfit - he looked amazing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending