The Student Room Group

AQA environmental science paper 1

Anyone have any predictions for paper 1 environmental science AQA?
Reply 1
Haha I've been looking for this thread! But nooo I have no idea - just cramming everything at the moment. What have you been revising?
Reply 2
Honestly I've pretty much done nothing at all... environmental has been the subject I've sacrificed ngl. Been through my set of flashcards once and that's it! Hbu ?

I'm honestly just hoping everyone does **** and the grade boundaries are super low. Feel like everyone else doing the subject is really smart though... Please tell me the people in your class aren't very good at the subject!
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
How did you find the paper? I completely messed up the 25 marker and ran out of time :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by jayak
How did you find the paper? I completely messed up the 25 marker and ran out of time :s-smilie:

Yeah I feel like I didnt do great on the 25 marker - it was a bit of a weird question so that threw me and I ended up waffling. Also that question where you had to design an experiment was soo vague and difficult to write about. Idk i just didn't really like the paper
Reply 5
Original post by panda9876
Yeah I feel like I didnt do great on the 25 marker - it was a bit of a weird question so that threw me and I ended up waffling. Also that question where you had to design an experiment was soo vague and difficult to write about. Idk i just didn't really like the paper

Yeah, the mark scheme is always weird too, so I don't have much idea of how I did on the rest of the paper. Just hoping I can do well enough on paper 2 to at least get a C even though I was hoping for a B. Hopefully grade boundaries are low too because neither of those 25 mark questions really made sense to me but they don't normally vary by much.
Reply 6
Original post by jayak
Yeah, the mark scheme is always weird too, so I don't have much idea of how I did on the rest of the paper. Just hoping I can do well enough on paper 2 to at least get a C even though I was hoping for a B. Hopefully grade boundaries are low too because neither of those 25 mark questions really made sense to me but they don't normally vary by much.

I think for pollutants you write about their properties of them i.e. solubility, mobility, states of matter, biomagnify/accumulation, persistence, toxicity, etc and kind of link them to how we can use this info to control pollutants in various forms of technology and methods etc. As for energy it's the same process but instead talk about locational factors, energy density, need for energy conversion to point-of-use energy, that kind of thing.
Reply 7
Original post by Jaro_
I think for pollutants you write about their properties of them i.e. solubility, mobility, states of matter, biomagnify/accumulation, persistence, toxicity, etc and kind of link them to how we can use this info to control pollutants in various forms of technology and methods etc. As for energy it's the same process but instead talk about locational factors, energy density, need for energy conversion to point-of-use energy, that kind of thing.

What were the questions if you can remember them?

Quick Reply

Latest