The Student Room Group
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich

what is it like studying ux design?

i've been trying to find info everywhere on ux design student experience at norwich but to no avail ): if anyone's doing this course or something similar pls pls pls lmk how its going so far
Reply 1
Original post by femcelmiku
i've been trying to find info everywhere on ux design student experience at norwich but to no avail ): if anyone's doing this course or something similar pls pls pls lmk how its going so far

Hi! I’m study Graphic Communications at NUA and just finished my first year. While I don’t study UX i can tell you alot about it.

Your first year doing UX at NUA is very unique. Here we combined graphic comms, graphic design, design for publishing and UX for the first year, as the courses have similar themes running through them. This means that you try a range of projects from each course throughout the first year. In our UX project that we did, we were given a choice of briefs, and me and my group chose to surround mental health. For the first week, you do research. This ranges from create huge mind maps (and i mean huge) about anything surrounding the topic; for example, types of therapy, ways of drawing users in on apps, different types of mental health issues etc. Then we presented our findings and created a brief that we then designed our app around.

We were then taught how to use Adobe Xd, which is a key staple in UX design . During the first year you have weekly sessions learning how to use different adobe softwares, which is INCREDIBLY helpful - i had never used adobe before.
At the end of the week you will have independently created an outcome to the brief you created the previous week.

At the end of the first year, you have a choice on which course you want to continue with for the next two years. This is unique to NUA, as i ordered finally was on graphic design and have now changed, and my girlfriend was on graphic design and is now doing UX.

let me know if you have any questions! I’ve loved first year and would happily help as i’m a student ambassador:smile:
Norwich University of the Arts
Norwich

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending