The Student Room Group

LSE Conflict Studies or KCL International Peace and Security?

I have recently received offers from LSE MSc. in Conflict Studies Stream in Comparative Politics and from KCL MA. in International Peace and Security. There are both pluses and minuses for both. LSE has a really well-known international outlook, very good name and reputation. On the other hand it is twice more expensive than Kings and has less module choices.

I was wondering, from the two options mentioned above, which would offer a better opportunities for entry to the diplomacy related career?

Thank you all a lot for sharing some insights! I am not sure if the price for LSE will make such a big difference. Please give me some ideas that would help me decide.
Reply 1
If you're interested in diplomacy (especially in security matters) I would suggest the War Studies dept at KCL is the one to go with. LSE is not known for its conflict courses whereas the war studies dept at KCL is internationally renowned and has links with numerous think tanks and int'l organisations in the field.

Of course LSE as a brand is impressive, but really it's the staff and department that should be swaying your decision and KCL's is the field-leader.
Resurrecting this chat from the grave! I am in the exact same dilemma. Which did you choose and why? Are you happy with you choice? What are you doing now? Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by christaps13
Resurrecting this chat from the grave! I am in the exact same dilemma. Which did you choose and why? Are you happy with you choice? What are you doing now? Thank you!
hope you get a response on this 11 year old thread haha
Hahaha same. I figured why not 🤷🏻*♂️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending