The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Maths at Queen Mary or Bristol

I've received offers from both unis and im currently living in London. I know Bristol is a better uni, however is it worth it as it will be very expensive moving out and it would be another 30 thousand due to the maintenance loan whereas if I go queen marys i can live with my parents for free. I am also a muslim so im scared the "uni" life may be boring as i cannot drink alcohol.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've received offers from both unis and im currently living in London. I know Bristol is a better uni, however is it worth it as it will be very expensive moving out and it would be another 30 thousand due to the maintenance loan whereas if I go queen marys i can live with my parents for free. I am also a muslim so im scared the "uni" life may be boring as i cannot drink alcohol.

i also want to know if employees really care what university you came from since they're both Russel group universities.

Thanks.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2

Hi, I got offer for maths too! tbf in terms of careers QM is in london which is literally the best place for networking, plus they probs have a careers hub so it should be fine. Also, u dont need to go to bars and parties to experience the "uni" life. There are so many societies that you can join like isoc where you can go to socials, meet friends.
Hope this helps

(p.s I'm a Muslim too)
Reply 3

Hey!!

I think you should put the cost to one side for a second and decide which course you prefer and where you want to spend the next 3 years of your life!

Bristol is the better uni but if you prefer QUML’s course + it’s much cheaper then go for that! It won’t be that detrimental for you career wise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending