The Student Room Group

Medical School Application

Hi.
I am an aspiring medic and I'm currently in year 12 doing Chemistry Biology and Maths.
I am currently getting consistent 85-95 percent in all three subjects, so I assume I will be predicted 3 A*.
I have also achieved all nines in GCSE and I have done a couple of UCAT mocks and with the best score of 2970 and average of 2890.( I am not cramming at all I'm just doing it casually)
I will be doing volunteering for 6 months in British heart foundation and medical museum, with 3 hospital work experiences and 1 GP.
I am planning on applying to UCL, King's, Bristol and Queen Mary or Southampton as my fourth.
Am I being over-ambitious and unrealistic?

Note: I am applying for deferred entry, and from the statistics I've seen, it is basically the same as home applicants' offer rate.
Original post by Yourname123456
Hi.
I am an aspiring medic and I'm currently in year 12 doing Chemistry Biology and Maths.
I am currently getting consistent 85-95 percent in all three subjects, so I assume I will be predicted 3 A*.
I have also achieved all nines in GCSE and I have done a couple of UCAT mocks and with the best score of 2970 and average of 2890.( I am not cramming at all I'm just doing it casually)
I will be doing volunteering for 6 months in British heart foundation and medical museum, with 3 hospital work experiences and 1 GP.
I am planning on applying to UCL, King's, Bristol and Queen Mary or Southampton as my fourth.
Am I being over-ambitious and unrealistic?

Note: I am applying for deferred entry, and from the statistics I've seen, it is basically the same as home applicants' offer rate.

No not at all! Those are amazing predicted grades and GCSEs and your UCAT score is already incredibly strong and will probably get better as you practice more closer to the actual date.
The volunteering and work experience plans also sound really good, my advice would be to keep some kind of diary/reflective log during them so you don't forget what you learn and can use them in your personal statement/interviews later on.
You also have a good range of unis and with your grades and UCAT score, there's no reason why you shouldn't get at least an interview from all of them :smile:
Good luck with everything!!!
Thank you for the advice!
As always, work experience is all about what you get from it and quality over quantity!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending