The Student Room Group

i’m terrified for alevels

please help me! i’m an international student who’s taking alevels. my college is using the old alevel system meaning they combined both my AS and A2. i had a lot of personal problems during AS and i really didn’t try and i deeply regret it. i’ve been putting more effort and i’m quite confident that i’ll do good for A2. the problem here is that i always wanted to study in the top universities in uk and i heard that the A2 results are the most important. is this true ? and if it is, how do i just get my A2 results if my college is giving out the certificate with combined results ? can i request to my college or is there a website i could get my results separately ?
Reply 1
I don't think I personally heard of A2s, there are only really A level, I am from Scotland so I am not sure, where I come from Advanced Highers are the highest national education certificate High Schools offer which is equivalent to A levels, however, there are higher national diplomas and higher national certificate. If you meant A2 as in the grade given in A levels then I guess that's what MOST (not all) universities in the United Kingdom want to see, it all depends on what you want to study. For medicine, just go no-kill all A levels and A grades. However for other universities, I have seen B grades and even Cs for some with A level, GCSE/National 5 etc. Whatever your college is offering should be up to standards and following your curriculum, by law, and that means you should have the experience, and a certificate to show your employability or/and personal knowledge and skills. So don't worry everything will work out!

Quick Reply

Latest