The Student Room Group

hey everyone !

nothing particular to say but i’m new here :smile: i’m starting uni this sept (‘23) and hope to learn lots from here. how is everyone doing?
Reply 1
Original post by taylors_version
nothing particular to say but i’m new here :smile: i’m starting uni this sept (‘23) and hope to learn lots from here. how is everyone doing?

I,m fine but next year I,m going to do the 2nd year of my alevels, do you have any advice of how to prepare for the exams
Original post by realed
I,m fine but next year I,m going to do the 2nd year of my alevels, do you have any advice of how to prepare for the exams

ah are you in year 12? what subjects are you taking?
honestly? don’t leave it all until the last minute or cram.. it’s stressful.
Reply 3

Hi!

I'm doing alright. How things are going with you?

Welcome on board! 😊

I'm also restarting my university life this September. Which university have you decided to go and what's your major?
Reply 4
ah are you in year 12? what subjects are you taking?
honestly? don’t leave it all until the last minute or cram.. it’s stressful.

I do maths further maths and physics and now I just finished year 12 and I,m going to year 13 but i feel like it,lol get very stressful
Original post by Meheraj
Hi!

I'm doing alright. How things are going with you?

Welcome on board! 😊

I'm also restarting my university life this September. Which university have you decided to go and what's your major?

sociology (ba) @ warwick, hbu?
Reply 6
sociology (ba) @ warwick, hbu?

Okay, cool.

I'm planning to pursue BSc Hon's Paramedic Science at Coventry University.
Original post by Meheraj
Okay, cool.

I'm planning to pursue BSc Hon's Paramedic Science at Coventry University.

ah, so we won’t be far apart even though we’re doing 2 very different degrees!
how you feeling about it? for me i’m looking forward to it but i also don’t know what to expect.
Original post by realed
I do maths further maths and physics and now I just finished year 12 and I,m going to year 13 but i feel like it,lol get very stressful

ah, so only stem subjects. i took politics philosophy and economics (ppe).
y13, especially the start, was quite stressful. i’ll try to give you some general tips:

- don’t apply to oxbridge unless you personally really want to
- ucas doesn’t matter that much. just apply somewhere relatively good
- you don’t need 3 a*s. get what you need for your desired course
- revise in your own way, not what everyone else says is “best”
- don’t burn yourself out, your health is always the most important

i hope that helps a little. if you have any specific questions, i’ll try my best.
Reply 9
ah, so we won’t be far apart even though we’re doing 2 very different degrees!
how you feeling about it? for me i’m looking forward to it but i also don’t know what to expect.

Lol, I was thinking the same. Where in West Midlands do you live at the moment if you don't mind telling me?

Yeah, I'm eagerly waiting to start this new adventure even though I know it's not gonna be an easy one. Don't worry. Hopefully, you'll have a good time ahead. What is your goal with this course by the way?

Quick Reply

Latest