The Student Room Group

anti anxiety medication

if i ask my doctor for anti anxiety medication can i get them? im 19 and i’ve tried therapy twice but im worried they won’t give them to me because i don’t have the details of my past therapists (my parents have them but won’t tell me, they’re weird but anyways..)

if i stay i’ve tried self cbt (my therapy was cbt) will they consider giving me medication as i feel like as this point it’s what i need
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Hello mate,

Don't worry about needing the information of your past therapists. Go along and have a chat with your GP, mention that you've tried a few avenues already but you've still been experiencing the anxiety. They will discuss other options with you, this will most likely include medication. The only barrier there could be to being prescribed anti-anxiety medication is if your GP feels it isn't right for you, but generally there is a fairly low threshold for beginning drug therapy.

Best of luck, I hope things pick up for you soon :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
if i ask my doctor for anti anxiety medication can i get them? im 19 and i’ve tried therapy twice but im worried they won’t give them to me because i don’t have the details of my past therapists (my parents have them but won’t tell me, they’re weird but anyways..)

if i stay i’ve tried self cbt (my therapy was cbt) will they consider giving me medication as i feel like as this point it’s what i need

Medication is one recommended treatment for anxiety, so if you don't feel you want to try therapy again and discuss this with your GP, they will likely offer you medication if they/you feel it could be helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest