The Student Room Group

Arts uni personal statement help!

All my family have done science degrees and now I want to go into fashion design but no one knows how to write an effective personal statement to reflect it?! How do I even start?!
Reply 1
your ps should show:
why you want to study the subject
why are you interested in fashion, and where did that interest come from? also why that course out of all ff the other fashion options
what you have done in the past which makes you suitable for it
any relevant work experience or research you have done for example EPQ, relevant work experience, any work you’ve done on designing and creating pieces, linking your a levels/ btec and how that will improve your work in fashion
what you have done which shows you as well rounded
supracurriculars (things which enhance your cv) for example if you did any leadership in school, work experience/ volunteering which is unrelated to fashion, any schemes like NCS or DofE

the important thing with a personal statement is that you aren’t just sharing what you’ve done, but how that makes you a valuable candidate and what you gain from it. i found it super useful to make mine on unifrog, as they split it all into sections and help you keep an eye on word count too, ucas also has lots of advice on what they want
Reply 2
Original post by charves14
your ps should show:
why you want to study the subject
why are you interested in fashion, and where did that interest come from? also why that course out of all ff the other fashion options
what you have done in the past which makes you suitable for it
any relevant work experience or research you have done for example EPQ, relevant work experience, any work you’ve done on designing and creating pieces, linking your a levels/ btec and how that will improve your work in fashion
what you have done which shows you as well rounded
supracurriculars (things which enhance your cv) for example if you did any leadership in school, work experience/ volunteering which is unrelated to fashion, any schemes like NCS or DofE

the important thing with a personal statement is that you aren’t just sharing what you’ve done, but how that makes you a valuable candidate and what you gain from it. i found it super useful to make mine on unifrog, as they split it all into sections and help you keep an eye on word count too, ucas also has lots of advice on what they want

Amazing! Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending