The Student Room Group

fashion office job

so i start college in september and im doing alevel physics, fashion and textiles and spanish but i dont know whether i can work in the fashion industry with those qualifications. i would really love to work for a specific company and design clothes or decide on pricing and stuff like that. so are those alevels good for that???
Hi,

I think that sounds like a great starting point for study!
Having fashion and textiles as a mix is great for an understanding of pattern cutting, construction and surface pattern design. In terms of the other A-Levels - I think it's important to have a balance at this time. Spanish may come in useful if you end up working in Europe too!

Most Universities and companies will base it on your portfolio and experience.

Good luck and the most important thing is to not panic, it sounds like you are hard working and have a plan, which is a great place to be.

- Jenny, a rep from Arts University Plymouth.
Reply 2
Original post by ArtsUniPlymouth
Hi,

I think that sounds like a great starting point for study!
Having fashion and textiles as a mix is great for an understanding of pattern cutting, construction and surface pattern design. In terms of the other A-Levels - I think it's important to have a balance at this time. Spanish may come in useful if you end up working in Europe too!

Most Universities and companies will base it on your portfolio and experience.

Good luck and the most important thing is to not panic, it sounds like you are hard working and have a plan, which is a great place to be.

- Jenny, a rep from Arts University Plymouth.

so will physics be helpful in the fashion workplace? or will i be wasting my time because i can still change the physics option i just dont know if its the right subject if im leading towards a fashion office career.
Original post by yeonjun
so will physics be helpful in the fashion workplace? or will i be wasting my time because i can still change the physics option i just dont know if its the right subject if im leading towards a fashion office career.

I think you should choose what you enjoy and are best at.

As long as you have a few qualifications that are relevant, it doesn't really matter and if you know you will get a good grade for physics - go for it - if you heart tells you, you would enjoy and succeed in another subject better, do that instead.

Best,

Jenny

Quick Reply

Latest