The Student Room Group

alevels

I’m so stressed out as i’m sure most people are rn I genuinely need All As, and I want to do medicine so they don’t like resits i believe.

My exams are in like 3 weeks and it feels like i get an adrenaline rush in a really bad way and start panicking again and again when i’m about to sleep too
What’s worse is that i’m not even on an A rn, and i’ve got 25 days left exactly. I’ve done 90% of all the past papers all the content, and I keep getting just on the border of an A/a High B, and idk what to do at this point cause i’m running out of questions and i feel like I should be on a strong A at this point to be getting and actual A in the exam

is it possible to still improve drastically like 10-15 marks (for a strong A) , and also how do i stop myself from ******** myself all the time and simply study
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I’m so stressed out as i’m sure most people are rn I genuinely need All As, and I want to do medicine so they don’t like resits i believe.

My exams are in like 3 weeks and it feels like i get an adrenaline rush in a really bad way and start panicking again and again when i’m about to sleep too
What’s worse is that i’m not even on an A rn, and i’ve got 25 days left exactly. I’ve done 90% of all the past papers all the content, and I keep getting just on the border of an A/a High B, and idk what to do at this point cause i’m running out of questions and i feel like I should be on a strong A at this point to be getting and actual A in the exam

is it possible to still improve drastically like 10-15 marks (for a strong A) , and also how do i stop myself from ******** myself all the time and simply study

Hey, I feel you as well! I also wanna do medicine and my second trial examinations are going to be in a month and my grades are currently ABBB. I have AS exams and three days, so I am stressing out A LOT.
My advice would be to look at the exam papers you have done and see what you get wrong most of the time (there must be topics that are you are best and worst at). Ask your teachers for help - I find my stats teacher very intimidating and judgmental but just push through because at least by the end of their explanation I understand my mistakes. Also, if there are teachers that you feel like you could talk to then ask them for advice - they know how you learn and might help you with a specific strategy or potentially look at your previous tests.
Just please don’t be discouraged, keep practising, ask teachers for extra questions and most importantly do not judge yourself - take lessons from every mistake you make. I wish that everything works out for you x
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I feel you as well! I also wanna do medicine and my second trial examinations are going to be in a month and my grades are currently ABBB. I have AS exams and three days, so I am stressing out A LOT.
My advice would be to look at the exam papers you have done and see what you get wrong most of the time (there must be topics that are you are best and worst at). Ask your teachers for help - I find my stats teacher very intimidating and judgmental but just push through because at least by the end of their explanation I understand my mistakes. Also, if there are teachers that you feel like you could talk to then ask them for advice - they know how you learn and might help you with a specific strategy or potentially look at your previous tests.
Just please don’t be discouraged, keep practising, ask teachers for extra questions and most importantly do not judge yourself - take lessons from every mistake you make. I wish that everything works out for you x

thank you a bunch (: i didn’t really think of properly going though my past exam papers again to recap. i’ll do that! i hope everything works out for you too and good luck on ur exams <3

Quick Reply

Latest