The Student Room Group

Advanced higher chemistry exam 2023

How did everyone find the exam?

I felt it was a bit harder than past papers especially with so many cyclic molecules
The paper went well for me. I found the multiple choice to be harder than past paper. Paper 2 was good but there were some tricky questions
Reply 2
Original post by Random47736224
The paper went well for me. I found the multiple choice to be harder than past paper. Paper 2 was good but there were some tricky questions

The mechanisms questions were hard I felt
Original post by cammy5
The mechanisms questions were hard I felt

It took me quite some time to understand the question. What do you think you’ll get
Reply 4
Does anyone have the paper?
Reply 5
It took me quite some time to understand the question. What do you think you’ll get

I'd like an A because that's what I got in my prelim but hopefully at least a B! You?
Reply 6
Original post by todayyy04
Does anyone have the paper?

I'm not sure where you can get it, there's not really any of those youtube teachers that post answers for AH chemistry after the exam like with maths.
Original post by cammy5
I'm not sure where you can get it, there's not really any of those youtube teachers that post answers for AH chemistry after the exam like with maths.

Original post by cammy5
I'd like an A because that's what I got in my prelim but hopefully at least a B! You?

I think I’ll get an A, but it depends on what the grade boundaries are going to be.
Reply 8
I think I’ll get an A, but it depends on what the grade boundaries are going to be.

I think they’ll lower to around 65% maybe? The usually lower them by a few % every year and I know quite a few people who said they found it a hard paper
Original post by cammy5
I think they’ll lower to around 65% maybe? The usually lower them by a few % every year and I know quite a few people who said they found it a hard paper

How did you find your other papers ?
Reply 10
How did you find your other papers ?

Biology was ok but it was just constant graph questions and not as much knowledge, we were lucky with the MC and the essay questions though. Maths was ok as well especially paper 1. What else have you had?
Original post by cammy5
Biology was ok but it was just constant graph questions and not as much knowledge, we were lucky with the MC and the essay questions though. Maths was ok as well especially paper 1. What else have you had?

I also had bio and maths. Biology went really well but maths not so well. I did an all nighter for maths so was barely awake while siting the exam. But I still think I got a B for math, worst case scenario a C.
Reply 12
I also had bio and maths. Biology went really well but maths not so well. I did an all nighter for maths so was barely awake while siting the exam. But I still think I got a B for math, worst case scenario a C.

Fingers crossed for us!
my whole class found section 2 quite hard. i’m disappointed because my prelim was an A, never gotten below an A in any of the unit tests and i got the highest attainment award for my year in chemistry but after that i just know it’s not going to be an A and then the appeals have changed back to pre covid this year :/// if you didn’t already know andrew hay then he was like a life saver he does speculative answers and films them so hopefully that’ll be next week. that being said i just went on tiktok and looked at the comments and realised how many more mistakes i’ve probably made 😅😅😅
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 14
Original post by medicine5575
my whole class found section 2 quite hard. i’m disappointed because my prelim was an A, never gotten below an A in any of the unit tests and i got the highest attainment award for my year in chemistry but after that i just know it’s not going to be an A and then the appeals have changed back to pre covid this year :/// if you didn’t already know andrew hay then he was like a life saver he does speculative answers and films them so hopefully that’ll be next week. that being said i just went on tiktok and looked at the comments and realised how many more mistakes i’ve probably made 😅😅😅

I’m the same, got an A in prelim and all the tests but the exam paper was completely different. It was a really poor paper so hopefully they lower boundaries
Reply 15
Original post by cammy5

honestly i’m scared to go watch them, i want to know but also i do not want to know 😂
Reply 17
Original post by medicine5575
honestly i’m scared to go watch them, i want to know but also i do not want to know 😂

If you think it’ll just make you more anxious don’t watch!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending