The Student Room Group

Pharmacy work experience/application :)

Hi, I'm thinking of applying to study pharmacy and I was wondering if a week's worth of hospital work experience would benefit my application in any way? Or is it too medicine-based to bother with?

I'd also be grateful for any suggestions on books/work exp I can do to make my pharmacy application as well as it can be. Thank you.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by shesmycollar
Hi, I'm thinking of applying to study pharmacy and I was wondering if a week's worth of hospital work experience would benefit my application in any way? Or is it too medicine-based to bother with?

I'd also be grateful for any suggestions on books/work exp I can do to make my pharmacy application as well as it can be. Thank you.

Hiii, best of luck with your application. I would say it would definitely help you in terms of knowing whether or not hospital pharmacy is something you are interested in and you will be able to see how a multi-disciplinary team operates which is a really good thing to understand and talk about in personal statement/interviews. Also, it will give you a chance to see other medical professions so you know pharmacy is definitely suited to you, another good point for applications. All experience is good experience, make sure you make the most of it and talk to as many people as you can! good luckkk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending