The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hi, not a teacher or anything, but I think one place to start is increase the amount you write especially for the 40 marker, you need a lot more content to get into the higher brackets. Furthermore you could have had more conventions of a persuasive writing that would increase your marks for writing, I suggest you watch the paper one video and open the link for IGCSESUCCESS. I know it isn't from your exam board but he has written a great example of a speech although not persuasive. Another yt channel is SchofieldShakespeare, he has great examples and could help you with the development of ideas. Also try glow up your grades for persuasive writing. And don't be shy to steal a phrase or two from examples you read, if you keep using them eventually you'll change them and they can skyrocket your grade.
For the other Qs I have no advice I do CIE lang and we don't have comparison.
Hope it helps
Reply 2
(Original post by a------n)Hi, not a teacher or anything, but I think one place to start is increase the amount you write especially for the 40 marker, you need a lot more content to get into the higher brackets. Furthermore you could have had more conventions of a persuasive writing that would increase your marks for writing, I suggest you watch the paper one video and open the link for IGCSESUCCESS. I know it isn't from your exam board but he has written a great example of a speech although not persuasive. Another yt channel is SchofieldShakespeare, he has great examples and could help you with the development of ideas. Also try glow up your grades for persuasive writing. And don't be shy to steal a phrase or two from examples you read, if you keep using them eventually you'll change them and they can skyrocket your grade.
Hope it helps
Reply 3
Original post by paulinaurana
(Original post by a------n)Hi, not a teacher or anything, but I think one place to start is increase the amount you write especially for the 40 marker, you need a lot more content to get into the higher brackets. Furthermore you could have had more conventions of a persuasive writing that would increase your marks for writing, I suggest you watch the paper one video and open the link for IGCSESUCCESS. I know it isn't from your exam board but he has written a great example of a speech although not persuasive. Another yt channel is SchofieldShakespeare, he has great examples and could help you with the development of ideas. Also try glow up your grades for persuasive writing. And don't be shy to steal a phrase or two from examples you read, if you keep using them eventually you'll change them and they can skyrocket your grade.
Hope it helps

Thank you x
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest