The Student Room Group

Was it weird my dad coming to see me at work yesterday?

I am 20 and my dad came to see me at work yesterday. I work casually at a cricket club on top of my regular job and look after the v.i.p guests in the area that I work when I am there. My supervisor there let him in. We had a quick chat outside and when I asked why he did it he said it was because he missed me and he knew I was here after I told him previously that is where I usually work. He also made a joke with my supervisor asking how I was doing and not slacking off and she said to him I was doing great. She also offered him a table in my area but he declined as he was sat elsewhere with his mates. My supervisor also said I could go and see him if I wanted. I was happy to see him but it just felt a little awkward. Was this weird?
Original post by Anonymous
I am 20 and my dad came to see me at work yesterday. I work casually at a cricket club on top of my regular job and look after the v.i.p guests in the area that I work when I am there. My supervisor there let him in. We had a quick chat outside and when I asked why he did it he said it was because he missed me and he knew I was here after I told him previously that is where I usually work. He also made a joke with my supervisor asking how I was doing and not slacking off and she said to him I was doing great. She also offered him a table in my area but he declined as he was sat elsewhere with his mates. My supervisor also said I could go and see him if I wanted. I was happy to see him but it just felt a little awkward. Was this weird?

not for me imo, supervisor seemed fine with it and he sat with his mates instead of just talking to u for ages which would be a bit weird
I suspect he’s just proud of you and wanted to show his mates where you work.

Nothing weird in that at all
Reply 3
Original post by Johnny Valentine
I suspect he’s just proud of you and wanted to show his mates where you work.

Nothing weird in that at all

He didn't bring his mates he came by himself to see me.
Original post by Anonymous
He didn't bring his mates he came by himself to see me.

Sorry, my mistake, when you said “he sat elsewhere with his mates” I thought he came with his mates.

Well' perhaps he just wanted to.surprise you and say hello. I’ve had people pop in and do that with me - it’s generally just a nice thing (and quite a dad thing) to do.
He said he came to see you because he missed you. That’s so sweet and adorable tbh.
Depends on how your relationship with your dad is. If you have a good relationship with him and he's local then it's probably not much to think about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending