The Student Room Group

Degree apprenticeships abroad?

Does anyone know of degree apprenticeships in the UK that have branches in other countries and would allow you do do some of your apprenticeship abroad. I want to do an apprenticeship but I would also love to experience studying abroad, not too sure if it's asking too much to have both though 😂
Reply 1
I highly doubt it. But I know BDO had an International Audit Apprenticeship, where you travel a lot to different countries and Audit different Government services, not sure if they still do it though.
Reply 2
The funding wouldn’t be possible through the apprenticeship levy. So the company would have to pay all the fees.

Subsequently, I only see this being possible if the university work you were doing fulfilled a business need and justified the expenses. I.e., research, and therefore, likely a PhD and unlikely a Masters.

The most in demand apprenticeships may have international business travel for cross-site working, customer meets, or conferences.
Reply 3
Original post by Chris2892
The funding wouldn’t be possible through the apprenticeship levy. So the company would have to pay all the fees.

Subsequently, I only see this being possible if the university work you were doing fulfilled a business need and justified the expenses. I.e., research, and therefore, likely a PhD and unlikely a Masters.

The most in demand apprenticeships may have international business travel for cross-site working, customer meets, or conferences.

Thanks 👍
Reply 4
Original post by JR100X
I highly doubt it. But I know BDO had an International Audit Apprenticeship, where you travel a lot to different countries and Audit different Government services, not sure if they still do it though.

I’ll have a look, thanks 👍
Reply 5
Original post by steph.niji
Does anyone know of degree apprenticeships in the UK that have branches in other countries and would allow you do do some of your apprenticeship abroad. I want to do an apprenticeship but I would also love to experience studying abroad, not too sure if it's asking too much to have both though 😂

I heard an apprentice from Accenture was travelling to Berlin for 6 months, but I'm not sure if they still do it
Reply 6
Original post by steph.niji

I strongly doubt that there are degree apprenticeships abroad (in the sense that you apply within UK and then work abroad) for reasons the other users have stated.

However, some companies will send their apprentices abroad if a business need calls for it. Within my company, multiple apprentices have travelled abroad. Although, this is of course for a limited period of time - typically anything from a day to 3 months.
Reply 7
There was a DHL apprenticeship I saw which was a rotation every 12 months within the UK but I haven't seen anything outside of the UK.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending