The Student Room Group

What healthcare or Wellbeing professionals should I contact about my family fighting?

I've been having to deescalate incredibly heated arguments between my parents during this exam period and it's affected my ability to focus on my University studies because I had to physically get in between them when I stayed with them during holidays since it's been getting too close to violence. I also had to talk to them individually about their issues when with them and when they called me while I was away at University.

I need to provide proof verified by a professional in order for my claims to be supported and I need to make a claim within 10 days (12 days at the latest). My University has stated that they can come to an agreement about whether I need to provide evidence 10 days after my claim or whether that deadline for evidence can be even further in the future.

I am currently looking organisations and services myself but I figured I'd also ask here in case anyone was more educated on this topic.

TL;DR - Could anyone recommend me any organisations or services to contact about my family fighting so they could help me get evidence verified by a professional?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I've been having to deescalate incredibly heated arguments between my parents during this exam period and it's affected my ability to focus on my University studies because I had to physically get in between them when I stayed with them during holidays since it's been getting too close to violence. I also had to talk to them individually about their issues when with them and when they called me while I was away at University.

I need to provide proof verified by a professional in order for my claims to be supported and I need to make a claim within 10 days (12 days at the latest). My University has stated that they can come to an agreement about whether I need to provide evidence 10 days after my claim or whether that deadline for evidence can be even further in the future.

I am currently looking organisations and services myself but I figured I'd also ask here in case anyone was more educated on this topic.

TL;DR - Could anyone recommend me any organisations or services to contact about my family fighting so they could help me get evidence verified by a professional?

If you are applying for an extension on the basis of stress caused by the issues with your parents, you could speak to a GP about this and get something from them. They may also recommend further support if needed. Alternatively, speaking to someone at your university could be helpful, such as someone in the student wellbeing team, or a counsellor.

Quick Reply

Latest