The Student Room Group

How to cope with the exhaustion of faking a smile

Exactly how it says above. Faking a smile, hiding your anxiety is so exhausting and tiring, how do you cope with this? I know it's t not healthy faking a smile but have to at work.
I've been doing so for quite a whole tried being honest bit unfortunately in this world it doesn't pay to tell the truth nor to get support it seems.
its impacting on the wider part of my day now as well.
I'm waiting for Counselling.
Well it's unfortunately having a (fake) friendly attitude is part of working and being professional. However, there's difference between being amicable and always fake smiling. You can try being rather expressionless, but having a small barely noticable smile when people come and ask you something, and when giving affirmations. Hope counselling works.
Reply 2
Avoiding people so you don't have to take a smile. As a short term measure whilst waiting for the underlying issue to be sorted out
Reply 3
Original post by Arctic Kitten
Well it's unfortunately having a (fake) friendly attitude is part of working and being professional. However, there's difference between being amicable and always fake smiling. You can try being rather expressionless, but having a small barely noticable smile when people come and ask you something, and when giving affirmations. Hope counselling works.

I know it's unfortunately part of working life. Just hurts to have to do it. Like occasionally os okay but this feels like all the time I'm having to just fake it.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
Avoiding people so you don't have to take a smile. As a short term measure whilst waiting for the underlying issue to be sorted out

Wish!...

Quick Reply

Latest