The Student Room Group

Worried about english literature exam

I did My aqa english lit exam today. I think I did ok but i’m really worried i’m gonna fail. As I forgot to mention the witches when talking about Macbeths change- I only discussed how Lady Macbeth called him a coward and he felt pressured to prove his masculinity (To summarise what I said). And i only write like 3/4 lines about that before talking about his murder and guilt and stuff. I’m really scared as I have predicted 7’s in both english language and literature, and I got a 7 on my mock. but now i’m worried i’m gonna fail. I wrote 5 paragraphs of analysis overall and one of them wasn’t that good as it was about the extract and i don’t think i’ve ever revised that extract before. I’m just worried a lot.
Original post by jajjshshshshshss
I did My aqa english lit exam today. I think I did ok but i’m really worried i’m gonna fail. As I forgot to mention the witches when talking about Macbeths change- I only discussed how Lady Macbeth called him a coward and he felt pressured to prove his masculinity (To summarise what I said). And i only write like 3/4 lines about that before talking about his murder and guilt and stuff. I’m really scared as I have predicted 7’s in both english language and literature, and I got a 7 on my mock. but now i’m worried i’m gonna fail. I wrote 5 paragraphs of analysis overall and one of them wasn’t that good as it was about the extract and i don’t think i’ve ever revised that extract before. I’m just worried a lot.

Don't worry, now that it's over, don't beat yourself over it.
Even if you didn't mention one thing, doesn't mean those other 5 paragraphs (which is a lot of writing!) of analysis will go to waste - I'm sure you made excellent points and forgetting to mention one thing won't take away a significant amount of marks. In fact, think of it this way, examiners are looking to give you marks rather than take them away, so whatever you wrote, you will be awarded marks for that!
I'm sure you did great, keep pushing through these final weeks! I hope that helps and good luck with the rest of your exams, you got this!
Reply 2
ur AS exam??
Original post by jajjshshshshshss
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Don't worry, now that it's over, don't beat yourself over it.
Even if you didn't mention one thing, doesn't mean those other 5 paragraphs (which is a lot of writing!) of analysis will go to waste - I'm sure you made excellent points and forgetting to mention one thing won't take away a significant amount of marks. In fact, think of it this way, examiners are looking to give you marks rather than take them away, so whatever you wrote, you will be awarded marks for that!
I'm sure you did great, keep pushing through these final weeks! I hope that helps and good luck with the rest of your exams, you got this!

thank you so much :smile:
Original post by danaeldiin
ur AS exam??

nope, it was english GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest