The Student Room Group

Misunderstood GCSE unseen poetry

Today I had my WJEC english literature unit 1 exam, the second section of which is comparing two unseen poems. After the exam, from talking to my my friends and looking it up on the internet i realised i had completely misunderstood one of the poems (called ‘Song to Last years wife’) which I thought was about the poets wife having died however i have since realised it was just about their relationship having ended. Most of the points i made about this poem were beaded upon the idea of the poets wife having died which is incorrect, so how much of an effect would this have on the mark i get. Normally i score close to full marks in unseen poetry therefore i assume what i had actually written about the poems was good but just based off the wrong ideas but i’m quite worried that this could stop me from achieving my english lit predicted grade. Is this the end of the world or will the examiner not care too much?
Reply 1
If your critiques and points were solid you'll be fine probably, poems are open to interpretation by nature.
Reply 2
Original post by tomhall16
If your critiques and points were solid you'll be fine probably, poems are open to interpretation by nature.

Thank you 🙂
Original post by jack_d2007
Thank you 🙂

how did it go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending