The Student Room Group

what will happen?

i had my second gsce exam which is for english it had questions for macbeth and poetry
i had a comparison question for the poem which is to compare a poem with london that had the theme of place
i compared it with the soldier, but three of the quotes i used were similar to the ones in the peom but the other two quotes weren't in the poem will i get marked down for this?
Reply 1
Original post by hurtinguser
i had my second gsce exam which is for english it had questions for macbeth and poetry
i had a comparison question for the poem which is to compare a poem with london that had the theme of place
i compared it with the soldier, but three of the quotes i used were similar to the ones in the peom but the other two quotes weren't in the poem will i get marked down for this?

What quotes did you use? I guess it depends how good your analysis was and if it was close to anything in the poem. I wouldn’t worry about it too much because if most of them were correct you’ll still get a good mark I’m sure it won’t have a huge effect and i don’t think marks get deducted for it. If your analysis was good of those ones you did you’ll get a good mark 🫶
Reply 2
Original post by Scarlwtt
What quotes did you use? I guess it depends how good your analysis was and if it was close to anything in the poem. I wouldn’t worry about it too much because if most of them were correct you’ll still get a good mark I’m sure it won’t have a huge effect and i don’t think marks get deducted for it. If your analysis was good of those ones you did you’ll get a good mark 🫶

''if i die think only this of me''
''richer dust concealed''
''forever england''
''die for one's country''
''linked arm to arm''
Reply 3
Original post by hurtinguser
''if i die think only this of me''
''richer dust concealed''
''forever england''
''die for one's country''
''linked arm to arm''

The first 3 are good choices, I don’t think they’ll mark you down and if they do it won’t be a lot, it’s an easy mistake and they have a link to the poem so they’re not really random things. I’d say don’t worry about it won’t have a really bad effect. If you are worrying just remember you’ve got paper 2 to build up extra marks so prepare for it and write some practice answers so you have a few good phrases ready and if you do lose marks on this one you can make them back on that one.
Reply 4
Original post by Scarlwtt
The first 3 are good choices, I don’t think they’ll mark you down and if they do it won’t be a lot, it’s an easy mistake and they have a link to the poem so they’re not really random things. I’d say don’t worry about it won’t have a really bad effect. If you are worrying just remember you’ve got paper 2 to build up extra marks so prepare for it and write some practice answers so you have a few good phrases ready and if you do lose marks on this one you can make them back on that one.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest