The Student Room Group

What will happen when caught using a 11-15 oyster

I am about to head of to university (19) and misplaced my oyster so for a week I’ve been using my sisters (12) oyster , I got caught using it in the train station and TFL have confiscated it off me what will happen to me will I be criminally charged or have to pay a hefty fine?
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Possibly both.
Original post by gjd800
Possibly both.

Is there anyway I can appeal or make a representation about it like paying a large fine instead of taking it to court
As poster above said, possibly both. If this is the first time, you'll probably just get a fine. Don't do it again though - TfL will keep you on file and they won't be kind to you if you dodge a fare again.

And next time you lose the Oyster card, use contactless.
Original post by Scotland Yard
As poster above said, possibly both. If this is the first time, you'll probably just get a fine. Don't do it again though - TfL will keep you on file and they won't be kind to you if you dodge a fare again.

And next time you lose the Oyster card, use contactless.

Yh I’ve learnt my lesson, what will happen to my sisters oyster will it be returned or will she be banned for a certain amount of time
Original post by Darkothedopiest
Yh I’ve learnt my lesson, what will happen to my sisters oyster will it be returned or will she be banned for a certain amount of time

This document might be of use to you/your sister:

https://content.tfl.gov.uk/zip-enforcement-policy-new.pdf
Original post by Scotland Yard
This document might be of use to you/your sister:

https://content.tfl.gov.uk/zip-enforcement-policy-new.pdf

Alright thank you I’m just praying I only pay a fine and not court I might have to make an appeal if need be to either settle outside of court
Original post by Darkothedopiest
Alright thank you I’m just praying I only pay a fine and not court I might have to make an appeal if need be to either settle outside of court

What happened , please reply
bro, do you pay a fine, or are you going to court? what happened?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending