The Student Room Group

I need advice- What do they do if they catch you on your phone during GCSE mocks?

I have a serious chest infection and am on antibiotics and have just finished my mock GCSE's, and during my 5 hour art exam I had a silent timer for when I had to take my antibiotics and I am worried that the invigilater saw me on my phone. Nothing was done or said yet but I am unsure and am worried about what will happen if she did. Please help and let me know what will happen if she did see me and what normally happens when they see someone on their phone, like does it get taken or something?
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by EllaH2008
I have a serious chest infection and am on antibiotics and have just finished my mock GCSE's, and during my 5 hour art exam I had a silent timer for when I had to take my antibiotics and I am worried that the invigilater saw me on my phone. Nothing was done or said yet but I am unsure and am worried about what will happen if she did. Please help and let me know what will happen if she did see me and what normally happens when they see someone on their phone, like does it get taken or something?

Mocks are internal to the school. As a result there are no predefined rules that all schools will be following. That means that no-one on TSR can tell you what might happen, unfortunately.
Reply 2
Original post by EllaH2008

Make sure the school knows that you have it for medical reasons. If the school is aware, they let the invigilators know and you won't get in trouble. And don't worry, if you were in trouble for this you would probably know already. When I did my GCSEs (I'm year 13 now), someone had a phone and the invigilator took it as soon as they saw.

Quick Reply

Latest