The Student Room Group

Not understanding instructions/questions :(

So I’ve had this problem for a long time, and at first I just thought it was a normal thing, but now I’m not so sure. My sibling will ask me a question, for example, if they are baking/cooking and say, “Okay, how do I do this then?” I clearly know the next step, but suddenly I’m thinking ‘do what? The next step in the recipe or are they referencing something from our previous conversation? Are they talking about the ingredients, the measurements or the mixing technique??’ I seem to just completely blank, and if I try to clarify what they mean, they just get really ****ed off at me. (Same happens with my parents) But how am I supposed to help if I have no idea what they’re asking?

I was wondering whether anyone else also had the same issue, and if there’s any way to help? (Tips/advice I could use if the situation inevitably happens again etc.)

Reply 1
Does this just happen with family members, or with friends/teachers/strangers too?

Really, just give it your best guess, and if it's wrong they'll be more specific without thinking you're being deliberately unhelpful.
Reply 2
Original post by ThomH97
Does this just happen with family members, or with friends/teachers/strangers too?

Really, just give it your best guess, and if it's wrong they'll be more specific without thinking you're being deliberately unhelpful.

It happens with everyone ,_,

Thank you for the advice :]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending