The Student Room Group

What career should I do?

What career should I do? I’m sorry for the essay but I feel I should explain my whole situation to get relevant advice, PLEASE suggest careers as I’m having a mid-teen crisis. I’m currently at GCSE level considering my future and I really need some career advice. I’m getting A*s in every subject but don’t really have a passion for any of my 13 GCSEs. The main things I want in my future include: lots of international travel, high salary and low stress life (eventually settling down and starting a family). Sure, this is an unrealistic dream, but I’d still like to do all that I can to get as close to it as possible, even if I have to suffer for a few years in uni or A levels. I did consider medicine or dentistry for a while since it’s high paying and secure, but I don’t think I’d enjoy it, it’s stressful and requires a long time in uni. I do enjoy creative writing but unless job security and a high salary was assured, I wouldn’t be too keen on it. Also, I’m quite interested in finance/business (I do the business GCSE course) as it can be lucrative and flexible, but I doubt I’d have job satisfaction or security. Currently, I’m considering becoming a commercial airline pilot as it allows travel and doesn’t look too unbearable. However, I’ve heard that pilots don’t actually get to see the places they fly to most of the time anyway, and that there’s poor job security and a very low starting salary yet high training cost. Although, my parents would much prefer me to go into medicine as they view the job of a pilot as an airborne version of a bus driver. I’d love to be a travel critic but the pay is too low and there’s barely any job security. I have no clue what I should be as I don’t have any particular calling in life except to travel the world and read books whilst doing so. I’d greatly appreciate any advice at all and I’m very thankful that you’re still reading this far into my life story!
Reply 1
Perhaps try flight attendant-they often get to enjoy and spend time in the countless places they travel to
Reply 2
Original post by Mikaee
Perhaps try flight attendant-they often get to enjoy and spend time in the countless places they travel to

Flight attendants get a bad treating by passenger
Reply 3
Reply 4
ijij
Original post by cvcvcvcdxs
Reply 5
ijij

iiiseehowthisisgonnago(go)
Reply 6
ttlttl
iiiseehowthisisgonnago(go)
Reply 7
jhhhhhhhj
h

ttlttl
Reply 8
jhhhhhhhj
h

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Reply 9
bbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvxdvb
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
bbvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvxdvb

uh
sorry everyone, my sister spammed my laptop
uh
sorry everyone, my sister spammed my laptop

Original post by bookw0rmm
What career should I do? I’m sorry for the essay but I feel I should explain my whole situation to get relevant advice, PLEASE suggest careers as I’m having a mid-teen crisis. I’m currently at GCSE level considering my future and I really need some career advice. I’m getting A*s in every subject but don’t really have a passion for any of my 13 GCSEs. The main things I want in my future include: lots of international travel, high salary and low stress life (eventually settling down and starting a family). Sure, this is an unrealistic dream, but I’d still like to do all that I can to get as close to it as possible, even if I have to suffer for a few years in uni or A levels. I did consider medicine or dentistry for a while since it’s high paying and secure, but I don’t think I’d enjoy it, it’s stressful and requires a long time in uni. I do enjoy creative writing but unless job security and a high salary was assured, I wouldn’t be too keen on it. Also, I’m quite interested in finance/business (I do the business GCSE course) as it can be lucrative and flexible, but I doubt I’d have job satisfaction or security. Currently, I’m considering becoming a commercial airline pilot as it allows travel and doesn’t look too unbearable. However, I’ve heard that pilots don’t actually get to see the places they fly to most of the time anyway, and that there’s poor job security and a very low starting salary yet high training cost. Although, my parents would much prefer me to go into medicine as they view the job of a pilot as an airborne version of a bus driver. I’d love to be a travel critic but the pay is too low and there’s barely any job security. I have no clue what I should be as I don’t have any particular calling in life except to travel the world and read books whilst doing so. I’d greatly appreciate any advice at all and I’m very thankful that you’re still reading this far into my life story!

I think a dietician, or psychologists
maybe cabin crew???? or even nursing ik it doesn’t pay as well idk.
how about something like accounting/finance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending