The Student Room Group

I want to be dermatologist but yet I am doing grade 10

I want to be a
dermatologist but yet I am doing grade 10
Original post by Sanelisiwekenn
I want to be a
dermatologist but yet I am doing grade 10

Are you saying you're in grade 10 (roughly 15 years of age) or you're doing grade 10 of some qualification?

If you're in the former, there is nothing wrong with having a career goal in mind and then working towards it. As someone who is still in high school, it's strongly recommended that you research the career as much as you can to check if it's actually something you want to pursue. I recommend researching the career, speaking to former or existing dermatologists, networking with as many people in the field as possible.

If you're doing a grade 10 level of some qualification, I wouldn't know what it would be. You might need to be specific.

As you've mentioned you're in Grade 10, should I presume you're not based in the UK? The requirements to become a dermatologist in each individual country can vary widely, so I can't say what you should study or do to get the job. If you want specific information, you would need to look at the national database of job profiles for your country (if your country has one). For example, in the UK we have the National Careers Service; Australia has the Your Career website; Canada has Job Bank. These databases tend to have the official requirements listed by the local government.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending