The Student Room Group

why do i sometimes get a waft of overwhelming sadness without a specific reason

i’ve been fine since last week and then today, suddenly, after coming back from revising all day with some mates i’ve just gotten really sad, i can’t explain it it was like just suddenly there no cause, no trigger, nothing has HAPPENED i was just getting off the bus and ni can’t shake off the sudden fogginess and the want to just curl up into a ball and cry my heart out but i can’t as my sister shares a room with me so i dont even know where to hide and i’m just suddenly feeling so useless and stupid and i’m tired and i’m also scared maybe the scared is the trigger idk my exams start next week everything is just suddenly bad but idt it’s that but it could be anyway idk. Does anyone ever feel the same ?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
i’ve been fine since last week and then today, suddenly, after coming back from revising all day with some mates i’ve just gotten really sad, i can’t explain it it was like just suddenly there no cause, no trigger, nothing has HAPPENED i was just getting off the bus and ni can’t shake off the sudden fogginess and the want to just curl up into a ball and cry my heart out but i can’t as my sister shares a room with me so i dont even know where to hide and i’m just suddenly feeling so useless and stupid and i’m tired and i’m also scared maybe the scared is the trigger idk my exams start next week everything is just suddenly bad but idt it’s that but it could be anyway idk. Does anyone ever feel the same ?

I've been there. I have been in mental health services for 5 years and I missed my A level exams because of it.
I'm currently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I take medication which makes me feel stable. Before I'd have periods where I felt drained and I'd get this deep, sad feeling inside. I'd feel goosebumps and I'd just cry listening to sad music.
Please let somebody know. Preferably a trained mental health professional, before it gets worse.
Reply 2
I've been there. I have been in mental health services for 5 years and I missed my A level exams because of it.
I'm currently diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I take medication which makes me feel stable. Before I'd have periods where I felt drained and I'd get this deep, sad feeling inside. I'd feel goosebumps and I'd just cry listening to sad music.
Please let somebody know. Preferably a trained mental health professional, before it gets worse.

but that’s the thing it’s really only sometimes just hits hard but surely if i made a big deal about it and told someone like that it would become a whole thing and it’s like what if i’m just exaggerating yknow
Reply 3

Seems like youre working hard for the exams. What's your age? Just do your best and make sure you look after yourself during these next few months as exam season can be really tough but as long as you try your best thats all that matters.

Quick Reply

Latest