The Student Room Group

Anxiety and a-levels

I sat my first a level paper today, and I can't really judge how it went, i've been struggling with anxiety for a while now and i can't quite seem to cope with the stress of these upcoming exams, I'm worried that whatever i do won't be enough and that all the work i've put in will be for nothing, i keep imagining the worse case possible and it's making it really hard for me to keep a handle on things as i revise for my other papers.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do, because i really feel like i've hit a dead end.
Reply 1
Sending you best wishes. You are definitely not the only one who feels that way. I really hope you have someone you can talk to about how you are feeling. As well as imagining the worst case scenario, can you try to imagine a good outcome? Imagine a friend of yours, they have done the work you have and feel the way you do, what would you say to them? Sometimes it’s easier to be kind to others than it is to ourselves.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I sat my first a level paper today, and I can't really judge how it went, i've been struggling with anxiety for a while now and i can't quite seem to cope with the stress of these upcoming exams, I'm worried that whatever i do won't be enough and that all the work i've put in will be for nothing, i keep imagining the worse case possible and it's making it really hard for me to keep a handle on things as i revise for my other papers.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do, because i really feel like i've hit a dead end.

Did you try your best?
Reply 3
(Original post by Anonymous)Did you try your best?

i really did, i'm just really anxious that my best isn't good enough
Reply 4
Sending you best wishes. You are definitely not the only one who feels that way. I really hope you have someone you can talk to about how you are feeling. As well as imagining the worst case scenario, can you try to imagine a good outcome? Imagine a friend of yours, they have done the work you have and feel the way you do, what would you say to them? Sometimes it’s easier to be kind to others than it is to ourselves.

thank you it means a lot, i will definitely try this
Reply 5
(Original post by Anonymous)Did you try your best?

i really did, i'm just really anxious that my best isn't good enough

Trying your best is all that really matters like it is enough because that's all you can do.

Quick Reply

Latest