The Student Room Group

worrying abt my future...

keep being told if i dont well in education than not good job or life
Original post by hurtinguser
keep being told if i dont well in education than not good job or life

Hi! I've been in your place a number of times being brought up that way, and here's something I want to tell you!
Don't let education take over your life - it's good to focus on it, but don't let it all consume you. Find maybe a hobby or an activity (I do martial arts) and let that balance your life out.
There are hundreds upon thousands of people in this world who get such high-paying jobs and are happy yet they did horrible in education, in some countries education matters more than anything, but what matters more than the qualifications you have is the skills you have (whether it's intellectual skills like determination and flexibility or mental skills like diligence and using your conscience).
Don't confuse education with success. Yes, education can lead to success, but you can still be successful in many other ways! In this day and age (21st century), there are so many routes opened up for everyone, so keep exploring those and don't feel limited to just education.
Funnily enough, we're both really similar in many ways and I understand how you feel, but explore and try new things while you can!
Hope that helps and good luck!
Richard Branson would disagree
Reply 3
I failed my A levels or near enough. Retook one 3 months later, got a B to add to my C and E (yes - not great). But managed to get a Uni place at a Russell Group (but would have been happy anywhere), got a 2:1 and now CEO of something or other and have a very good life (kids, nice house, job, partner, dog, travel etc). Noone has ever asked me about my GCSEs after I went to sixth form college. Noone has ever asked about my A levels after I went to Uni. Noone has cared about my degree three years into first job. Not even sure I would go to Uni these days due to it being a bit of a waste of money ( I have a son there now so know what is offered). Dont worry - all will be fine.

However, revise, do the best you can on the day of your exams but once over, dont sweat it! Many paths to the next stage and the one beyond - life is long but also flies by. Dont waste it worrying.

Quick Reply

Latest