The Student Room Group

Internal exclusion

Throughout all my school year I only receive one punishment, but it’s pretty serious. I got myself a c4 (a school consequence system, where you stay in a room for entire day) by my poor behavior toward teacher, I’ve been good since, I’m getting good grade, I really do regret my action, and I am worried this record will affect my future, especially applying for uni etc. Will I be ok? What should I do to make it better?
Reply 1
Original post by Collided
Throughout all my school year I only receive one punishment, but it’s pretty serious. I got myself a c4 (a school consequence system, where you stay in a room for entire day) by my poor behavior toward teacher, I’ve been good since, I’m getting good grade, I really do regret my action, and I am worried this record will affect my future, especially applying for uni etc. Will I be ok? What should I do to make it better?

i honestly reckon you should be grand, i got kicked out of school and still have gotten an offer from bristol, theres no such thing as permenant records short of criminal records. i doubt your school would mention it in your refrence.
References are universally positive, it won’t affect your chances.
Reply 3
Original post by ryanthebrw
i honestly reckon you should be grand, i got kicked out of school and still have gotten an offer from bristol, theres no such thing as permenant records short of criminal records. i doubt your school would mention it in your refrence.

Thank you so much for response, I did in fact talked to my head of year and he said he would prefer not to mention it. Congratulations for your offer from Bristol hope you have a nice evening!
Reply 4
Thank you so much for response, I did in fact talked to my head of year and he said he would prefer not to mention it. Congratulations for your offer from Bristol hope you have a nice evening!

course no worries
Reply 5
Original post by Admit-One

Thank you for your response!
Reply 6

But what abt sixth form though? Is there anything to do to make it better?

As in applying for sixth form? (You haven’t mentioned what year you’re in now,) I would think just keep your head down and keep getting decent grades. Sounds like your year head isn’t too concerned so long as your behaviour is good going forward.
Reply 8

An internal exclusion is not a formal punishment and should not be mentioned in a reference.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
An internal exclusion is not a formal punishment and should not be mentioned in a reference.

Thank you for your response
Reply 10
As in applying for sixth form? (You haven’t mentioned what year you’re in now,) I would think just keep your head down and keep getting decent grades. Sounds like your year head isn’t too concerned so long as your behaviour is good going forward.

That happened in year 9 and currently I’m in year 10, haven’t gotten any consequences except this one, my grade are alright, it just that i hope I can have a second chance.
(edited 5 months ago)
That happened in year 9 and currently I’m in year 10, haven’t gotten any consequences except this one, my grade are alright, it just that i hope I can have a second chance.

i know it feels like a big deal but it genuinely isn't.
Your teachers won't want to sabotage you by putting stuff like that in your references as it reflects positively on the school if a high percentage of their students go on to uni, I wouldn't worry about it
Reply 13
Original post by Username123ab
Your teachers won't want to sabotage you by putting stuff like that in your references as it reflects positively on the school if a high percentage of their students go on to uni, I wouldn't worry about it

Thank you for ur response
Reply 14
Original post by ryanthebrw
i know it feels like a big deal but it genuinely isn't.

Okok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending